Author Topic: 60 Million Americans Under Freeze Alerts As Powerful Arctic Blast Crashes Temps Nationwide  (Read 2697 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

60 Million Americans Under Freeze Alerts As Powerful Arctic Blast Crashes Temps Nationwide

BY TYLER DURDEN
MONDAY, OCT 30, 2023 - 08:00 PM

As highlighted in last week's article (view here), temperatures across the Lower 48 are diving as a cold blast pours in from Canada. These bone-chilling temperatures come just in time for Halloween. About 250 million Americans are feeling below-average temperatures, while 60 million will be under frost or freeze alerts.

According to private weather forecaster BAMWX, the cold air invasion has already begun:

A lot of record cold lows on the table to start out November. 20s all the way down to Central Texas with temperatures 15 - 20F below normal.

We first called for a major Halloween cold front 2 weeks ago and it is here.

Fox Weather said the cold blast will affect more than "250 million Americans from coast to coast," while 60 million Americans, from Big Bend of Texas to the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley, will be under cold weather alerts.

Meteorologist Beau Dodson said the worst cold weather will be on Wednesday morning. He showed on a map where "new record low temperatures will be possible."

https://www.zerohedge.com/weather/60-million-americans-under-freeze-alerts-powerful-arctic-blast-crashes-temps-nationwide
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If it weren't for climate change, millions of people would be freezing to death instead of just being cold. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline roamer_1

Not here... We're warming up. 40s all week, and I think the snow will be gone today or tomorrow.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Not here... We're warming up. 40s all week, and I think the snow will be gone today or tomorrow.

We had a cold snap (low 50's), and it was windy AF up here in the foothills.  It is also warming up again, but it won't be in the 90's again.  I think it's windy today, too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

This is the snowiest Halloween I can ever remember. In fact, I can never remember a snowy Halloween. I remember a lot of cold, rainy ones but never one with a blizzard. You know, it's almost like the weather is getting colder.
Which can't be true due to global warming.  :tongue2:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
If it's warm, it's global warming. If it's cold, it's "just weather".

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We've had temps into the single digits above zero and have about a foot of snow on the ground.
My grandchildren's godmother's cousin was found down by the railroad tracks frozen to death, just a couple nights ago.
Never underestimate Winter.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We've had temps into the single digits above zero and have about a foot of snow on the ground.
My grandchildren's godmother's cousin was found down by the railroad tracks frozen to death, just a couple nights ago.

Especially if you are in a State with the word "Dakota" in it.  Sorry to hear this.... :crying:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
*sighs with a big grin*... never change, Zerohedge. Never change.  happy77
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

**nononono* 8888crybaby How sad.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

Isn't it common for a hot summer to be followed by a cold winter (as in hotter and colder than "normal")?

Offline roamer_1

*SMH* That's a fact.

Offline goatprairie

Isn't it common for a hot summer to be followed by a cold winter (as in hotter and colder than "normal")?
And a cold winter followed by a hot summer. I've heard that one for many decades.
 If it were true, then all we'd have is hot summers and cold winters.

Offline roamer_1

And a cold winter followed by a hot summer. I've heard that one for many decades.

True, but it tend to predict a trend... which is also true... The winters here as a boy were harsh, culminating as a Young man into expected deep snow, and at least a week or two straight of perilously below zero weather... then through my thirties and into my forties mild winters (and summers)...

It's  just coming back around.

Offline Smokin Joe

True, but it tend to predict a trend... which is also true... The winters here as a boy were harsh, culminating as a Young man into expected deep snow, and at least a week or two straight of perilously below zero weather... then through my thirties and into my forties mild winters (and summers)...

My first five or six years in North Dakota were brutally cold, with lots of snow. They have been a little milder, with a few dry years in there. But we are back to snow, and likely cold again. It's a cycle.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

My first five or six years in North Dakota were brutally cold, with lots of snow. They have been a little milder, with a few dry years in there. But we are back to snow, and likely cold again. It's a cycle.

Yeah... I'm all for it coming back around... A good winter will send all the Californicators packing... And so much for global warming.  :laugh:

Offline goatprairie

I was born in the late forties. I've lived all my life in the upper Midwest and most of my childhood and into my thirties I remember mostly brutal winters with lots of snow. A week or two of lows of thirty below zero was pretty common. The whipping wind from Canada was the worst. I'd pray for above freezing weather which often didn't arrive until March.
It was only until the mid to late eighties that the temps seem to have moderated somewhat.
The wife and I now spend two months in Arizona (guess which months), and winter doesn't seem so bad now.
We had my daughters and their children visiting last February from Minnesota where it got bone-chilling cold and they thought the weather in New Mexico (in the forties) was balmy. Even though the last Winter was the coldest one we've spent in Arizona or New Mexico.

Offline roamer_1

I was born in the late forties. I've lived all my life in the upper Midwest and most of my childhood and into my thirties I remember mostly brutal winters with lots of snow. A week or two of lows of thirty below zero was pretty common. The whipping wind from Canada was the worst. I'd pray for above freezing weather which often didn't arrive until March.
It was only until the mid to late eighties that the temps seem to have moderated somewhat.
The wife and I now spend two months in Arizona (guess which months), and winter doesn't seem so bad now.
We had my daughters and their children visiting last February from Minnesota where it got bone-chilling cold and they thought the weather in New Mexico (in the forties) was balmy. Even though the last Winter was the coldest one we've spent in Arizona or New Mexico.

I keep saying I am gonna go south for a while mid-winter, but I never do...

I mean, we have flights to Vegas here for a couple hundred bucks round trip... Now, Vegas doesn't interest me in the least, but rent a jeep and get 100 miles from town or so, and all that's left is to find an old desert rat with a porch and some sweet tea to bullshallate... I could do that for a while as the mountains are frozen below zero.

It was the beaver and martin that kept me... Cold winters make fine pelts... but I ain't been trapping for a decade, and fur ain't worth doing.  :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You just described my little corner of AZ.... :silly:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Where did you live?  Marquette?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I keep saying I am gonna go south for a while mid-winter, but I never do...

I mean, we have flights to Vegas here for a couple hundred bucks round trip... Now, Vegas doesn't interest me in the least, but rent a jeep and get 100 miles from town or so, and all that's left is to find an old desert rat with a porch and some sweet tea to bullshallate... I could do that for a while as the mountains are frozen below zero.

It was the beaver and martin that kept me... Cold winters make fine pelts... but I ain't been trapping for a decade, and fur ain't worth doing.  :shrug:

Yes....my porch is waiting for you!  The beer is on tap.
I will NOT comply.

Online cato potatoe

The humidity is still 157% in Florida.  Send us your icebergs.

Offline roamer_1

Yes....my porch is waiting for you!  The beer is on tap.

:beer: :seeya:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Seems every Halloween it gets good and frosty here... We had one frost early this year around Oct. 8th... but just normal cold, we usually get one or two 70s between now and Christmas. Just the South above Florida.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

Temps here were in the teens for Halloween night. You could tell which kids were locals (on foot) and which were from out of State (parents driving them from doorstep to door step)...thin gloves versus thick ones. It's okay, they all got candy.

My first winter in N. Dak. was spent in Grand Forks, where I heard horror stories about how the mercury was going to dive below zero and stay there. While I'd known many tales to grow in the telling, I was suffering from a wee bit of culture shock, having lived in the mountains of Virginia for four years, and now finding myself on one of the flattest, most treeless places on Earth, so I decided to wait and see. Heck, the locals even talked funny.

The weather did not disappoint. We had a month with the high temperature (for the month, just one day) of zero. Thankfully, I shared an office with a brilliant young Captain in the Army who was last stationed in Alaska and was on his way to a double Masters' degree in Geology and Engineering, then to West Point to teach, who told me to dress in layers and I'd be fine.  :patriot:

He was right. I survived.

Next thing I knew, the locals were all griping about what a hideous winter it was, and I didn't know any better! :shrug:

C S Lewis