Author Topic: Former White House lawyer predicts Trump will be jailed for violating gag order  (Read 347 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Former White House lawyer predicts Trump will be jailed for violating gag order
by Nick Robertson - 10/31/23 7:40 AM ET

Former White House lawyer Ty Cobb said he believes former President Trump will be sent to jail if he violates a partial gag order in his federal election interference case, after it was reinstated on Sunday.

The gag order prevents Trump from disparaging court staff or witnesses in the case. He was fined $15,000 earlier this month after violating a more limited order in his New York civil fraud trial twice.

“Well, the New York judge fined him $10,000,” Cobb said in a CNN interview Monday, referring to Trump’s second fine. “That’s in a civil case. That’s not as consequential as Judge Chutkan’s case.”

“I think she’ll come in with a much heavier penalty, and ultimately, I think he’ll spend a night or a weekend in jail,” he said.

Judge Tanya Chutkan is overseeing the case that alleges the former president conspired to overturn the results of the 2020 election. It will to go to trial in March.

“As the court has explained, the First Amendment rights of participants in criminal proceedings must yield, when necessary, to the orderly administration of justice — a principle reflected in Supreme Court precedent,” Chutkan wrote in the partial gag order.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4284914-ty-cobb-predicts-trump-jailed-gag-order-violations/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Ty Cobb wanted to play, but none of us could stand the son-of-a-bitch when we were alive, so we told him to stick it!
-Shoeless Joe Jackson
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.