Author Topic: Harvard President Convenes ‘Antisemitism Advisory Board’ Following Embarrassment of Pro-Terror Stude  (Read 694 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Harvard President Convenes ‘Antisemitism Advisory Board’ Following Embarrassment of Pro-Terror Students

Alana Mastrangelo 30 Oct 20233

Harvard President Claudine Gay has convened an “antisemitism advisory board” following intense backlash over the Ivy League school’s failure to condemn its pro-terror students in the wake of a terrorist attack in Israel earlier this month.

Harvard President Claudine Gay has convened a group of advisers to combat antisemitism at the university, weeks after she faced criticism for not immediately rebuking a student letter that placed all blame for the Oct. 7 Hamas attack on Israel and after some Jewish students alleged that anti-Jewish bigotry at Harvard is on the rise.

“As we grapple with this resurgence of bigotry, I want to make one thing absolutely clear: Antisemitism has no place at Harvard,” Gay said at a Shabbat dinner hosted by Harvard Hillel, a Jewish campus group, on Friday, according to a report by the Boston Globe.

“For years, this university has done too little to confront its continuing presence. No longer,” the Harvard president added.

Therefore, Gay said she has assembled a group of faculty, staff, alumni, and Jewish religious leaders “whose wisdom, experience, and counsel will help guide us forward.”

Gay’s announcement came nearly three weeks after more than 30 of its student groups responded to a terrorist attack against Israel by the Iranian-backed Palestinian terror group Hamas with a pro-terror statement.

On October 7, Hamas carried out a terrorist attack against Israel, which left more than 1,400 Israelis dead, and also involved rape, kidnappings, and bodies being set on fire.

In their statement, the students did not criticize or condemn the mass murder of Jews by Hamas, but instead, declared, “We hold the Israeli regime entirely responsible for all unfolding violence.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2023/10/30/harvard-president-convenes-antisemitism-advisory-board-following-embarrassment-of-pro-terror-students/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Harvard Launches Board To 'Disrupt and Dismantle' Campus Anti-Semitism

Harvard University last week launched an advisory board to "disrupt and dismantle" anti-Semitism on campus.

"They will help us to identify all the places—from our orientations and trainings to how we teach—where we can intervene to disrupt and dismantle this ideology, and where we can educate our community so that they can recognize and confront antisemitism wherever they see it," said President Claudine Gay on Friday at Harvard Hillel, a campus organization for Jewish students.

Gay in her speech condemned "a surge in anti-Jewish incidents and rhetoric across the nation—and on our own campus" in the aftermath of Hamas's Oct. 7 terror attacks, which killed more than 1,400 Israelis, mostly civilians.

"Here at Harvard," Gay said, "I’ve heard story after story of Jewish students feeling increasingly uneasy or even threatened on campus. We should all be alarmed by this. I am. I want to acknowledge the profound toll this has taken, especially on our Jewish students, faculty, and staff. Your grief, fear, and anger are heard and felt deeply."

She named several ways the "lie" at the core of anti-Semitism—"the denial of Jewish identity and experience"—has manifested itself throughout history.

"This lie has taken many forms, from Holocaust denial to the blood libel to conspiracy theories to the denial of the Jewish peoples’ historical ties to the land of Israel," Gay said. "Harvard is a place for inquiry and vigorous debate about our world’s greatest challenges. A place to reveal truth, not to deny facts."

Gay's announcement comes amid criticism over her response to the Oct. 7 attacks. The first statement she issued noted that the university was "heartbroken by the death and destruction unleashed by the attack by Hamas," but it did not condemn the terrorist group directly. The message drew condemnation from the likes of former Harvard president Larry Summers and Rep. Jake Auchincloss (D., Mass.), prompting Gay to release a new statement that explicitly condemned Hamas's atrocities.

Also in the aftermath of the attacks, dozens of student groups at Harvard signed on to a statement that blamed Israel for the Hamas attacks, as its signatories held "the Israeli regime entirely responsible for all unfolding violence" and argued that "the apartheid regime is the only one to blame." ..................

https://www.conservativereview.com/harvard-launches-board-to-disrupt-and-dismantle-campus-anti-semitism-2666109732.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Boy, the donors must have lit up the phone lines...

Because that's the only thing that would get them to back off.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Kurt Schlichter
@KurtSchlichter
I’m just wondering – where are all these inclusion and diversity and equity people now that all the little asswipes on college campuses are hunting down an oppressed minority?

I don’t know – if I were cynical, I’d say the whole DEI thing is just bullshit and a giant lie designed to crush dissent and consolidate power.
2:02 AM · Nov 1, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Harvard students protesting against Israel surround a Jewish student and stop him from being able to leave.

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1719661454893134112

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Harvard Launches Board To 'Disrupt and Dismantle' Campus Anti-Semitism"

They'll meet once or twice, then disappear without having done a thing...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"Harvard Launches Board To 'Disrupt and Dismantle' Campus Anti-Semitism"

They'll meet once or twice, then disappear without having done a thing...

Yup.  They might publish a report in a few years
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Nov 1, 2023
Editor of Harvard Law Review caught on camera harassing Jewish student during anti-Israel protest
The student was approached by a group of individuals holding keffiyehs and chanting, "Shame!"

Story at Post Millennial