Author Topic: Trump rips Barr after remark about ‘limited’ verbal skills  (Read 1319 times)

Offline corbe

Trump rips Barr after remark about ‘limited’ verbal skills
« on: October 30, 2023, 04:38:10 pm »
Trump rips Barr after remark about ‘limited’ verbal skills

BY SARAH FORTINSKY - 10/30/23 10:01 AM ET

Former President Trump lashed out Sunday at his former attorney general, Bill Barr, who had criticized Trump’s verbal skills in a public forum Friday.

In a post on his social media platform, Truth Social, Trump suggested Barr was trying to “get even” with him for being tough on him while in office.

“I called Bill Barr Dumb, Weak, Slow Moving, Lethargic, Gutless, and Lazy, a RINO WHO COULDN’T DO THE JOB,” he wrote, using the term meaning “Republican in Name Only.” “He just didn’t want to be Impeached, which the Radical Left Lunatics were preparing to do.”

“I was tough on him in the White House, for good reason, so now this Moron says about me, to get even, ‘his verbal skills are limited,’” the former president continued. “Well, that’s one I haven’t heard before. Tell that to the biggest political crowds in the history of politics, by far. Bill Barr is a LOSER!”

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/4283140-trump-rips-barr-limited-verbal-skills/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Trump rips Barr after remark about ‘limited’ verbal skills
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 04:39:38 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 10:51:02 pm »
Don't look now, but I think maybe Trump just proved Barr's point.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 04:10:47 am »
:yowsa:

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 01:06:00 pm »
Is it me or is Trump having a breakdown
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2023, 01:17:22 pm »

He'd be a caveman with a few more grunts and groans.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2023, 01:29:30 pm »

He is heading towards a breakdown
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2023, 02:29:42 pm »
At his age and body mass he should gradually transition his responsibilities, and not campaign for the the most important job in the midst of several trials.  Yes, he’s heading for a crash, and it may be in the form of a bleed or a heart attack.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2023, 02:42:01 pm »

That has been my concern. He is definitely 'high energy' and thrives on a fast paced world with problem solving and getting things done.  There is nothing wrong with that and that part of his personality has served him well.

The concern is his age.  He's been through a tremendous amount of pressure thrown at him by the leftists; impeachments, bogus Russia accusations and now the J6 witch hunt.  I fear for his health.  All of what he's gone through would have adverse affects on someone half his age.  He's no spring chicken at 77 and they are not done putting him through the wringer yet.

So .... he's way ahead in the polls; however - he has over 90 felonies against him and now they are trying to keep him off the ballot in CO and I believe he has some some other pending legal issues. What happens to the GOP field should he not be able to run???  DeSantis or Haley if they can stick it out??  I think it's inevitable that he won't be the nominee (strictly my opinion).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2023, 02:10:57 am »
Barr saying this is the pot calling the kettle black.  I was never impressed with this Bush POS. 

But the simple fact is that Trump was a moron with his selection of staff.  Hell, he had McConnell's wife in his cabinet.  And sadly, he only trusted his family, which in my humble opinion is the sign of a very weak leader.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2023, 02:39:35 am »
Limited verbal skills?  Have ever listened to one of inane campaign stump speeches? 

He is not a smart man.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2023, 02:55:42 am »
He's a carnival barker preying on the gullible.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2023, 03:10:37 am »
Limited verbal skills?  Have ever listened to one of inane campaign stump speeches? 

He is not a smart man.

His oration consists of repeating emphasis words several times over in succession. Usually to say he is the best…ever, EVER.

His voice is poor too.  Sounds like the chords are giving out.

Trump is terrible at reading speeches.  Always monotonic, sounds as if he is really tired.  He should stick to extemporaneous talk, though again, it is not great.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2023, 04:11:37 am »
Trump cannot win, for they will fix the election again in 2024.  Did not so much as get a hand slap last time.  Does not matter if Trump gets 80% of the vote, switch those ones and zeroes and waaala, Biden wins by 10, - 20,000 in ten states.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2023, 04:21:44 am »
Barr is right, yet a jerk for saying it. The two deserved each other. Jeff Sessions was the only major Trump hire with any class.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2023, 01:13:05 pm »
Barr is half-right, which I suppose means completely right given the word "limited".

Trump has very good verbal skills when it comes to casual conversation and salesmanship.  That's why he's been successful as a campaigner.

On the flip side, he is incredibly undisciplined speaker and lacks a filter.  He also seems to have a crappy vocabulary given how often he resorts to the same juvenile attacks that lack creativity.
Jack Smith is an "insane lunatic".  Really?  Can't come up with anything better than that?

And how ever much some folks like that Trump "doesn't sound like a politician", there are ways of doing that without also sounding like a jackass at the same time.  Reagan had the ability to do both, and Senator John Kennedy is another who can be folksy without getting himself in trouble.  So if Trump is very good at some verbal tasks, and awful at others, it's kind of fair to say that his verbal skills are "limited".

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2023, 03:42:31 pm »
Barr is half-right, which I suppose means completely right given the word "limited".

Trump has very good verbal skills when it comes to casual conversation and salesmanship.  That's why he's been successful as a campaigner.

On the flip side, he is incredibly undisciplined speaker and lacks a filter.  He also seems to have a crappy vocabulary given how often he resorts to the same juvenile attacks that lack creativity.
Jack Smith is an "insane lunatic".  Really?  Can't come up with anything better than that?

And how ever much some folks like that Trump "doesn't sound like a politician", there are ways of doing that without also sounding like a jackass at the same time.  Reagan had the ability to do both, and Senator John Kennedy is another who can be folksy without getting himself in trouble.  So if Trump is very good at some verbal tasks, and awful at others, it's kind of fair to say that his verbal skills are "limited".

I think we in both our jobs knows and understands what constitutes  being an effective speaker.   My comments were based on the painstaking task of watching a couple of his stump speeches.  The rambling, repetition, pandering, and vulgarity doesn't seem to remotely meet that criteria.

Which is why your comments were pretty head scratching.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2023, 04:17:43 pm »
 ////00000////

Middle-aged male bitches be fighting in the media ...

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2023, 05:16:13 pm »
I think we in both our jobs knows and understands what constitutes  being an effective speaker.   My comments were based on the painstaking task of watching a couple of his stump speeches.  The rambling, repetition, pandering, and vulgarity doesn't seem to remotely meet that criteria.

Which is why your comments were pretty head scratching.

He has a pretty good conversational style of speaking.  But he's very limited beyond that.

I mean...how else do you explain his political success, and the people who love to hear him speak?  He'd be the world's worst witness if you're lawyer, but most people aren't lawyers.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2023, 09:07:26 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2023, 02:57:39 pm »

Not a trump fan, but coming from a comic con boy with the maturity of an 8 year old like you?

That's pretty damned funny!!!!!!!