Author Topic: Judge Reinstates Gag Order in Trump Election Case  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Judge Reinstates Gag Order in Trump Election Case
« on: October 30, 2023, 11:23:50 am »
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/donald-trump-gag-order/2023/10/29/id/1140158/

A federal judge on Sunday reinstated a gag order she imposed on Donald Trump in the Washington case accusing him of trying to overturn his 2020 election defeat, denying his bid for a stay pending appeal.

The order prohibited Trump from targeting the special counsel prosecuting his case or witnesses who might be called to testify about his efforts to upend his election loss.

U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan imposed the gag order at the Justice Department's request. She temporarily lifted it on Oct. 20 after Trump's lawyers appealed. And she reversed that decision on Sunday evening, according to the court's docket.

A copy of the judge's order reinstating the gag was not immediately available.

EXCERPT

Trump's mouth is taking him yet another step toward jail.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Judge Reinstates Gag Order in Trump Election Case
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 09:00:16 pm »
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/donald-trump-gag-order/2023/10/29/id/1140158/

EXCERPT

Trump's mouth is taking him yet another step toward jail.

@Timber Rattler

Yeah,who the hell does he think he is,anyhow,an America with Free Speech RIGHTS?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 09:04:36 pm »
I wonder if Judge "Encomber" or whatever his name is is willing to go down as the first judge in history to jail an ex-president?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2023, 09:12:14 pm »
I wonder if Judge "Encomber" or whatever his name is is willing to go down as the first judge in history to jail an ex-president?

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

I am guessing he is looking  forward to going down in the history books as "The Judge that jailed a former US President.

You can bet he wasn't picked at random.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2023, 10:36:30 pm »
Apparently Trump is willing to go down as the first ex-President to be held in contempt of court.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2023, 10:40:20 pm »
Apparently Trump is willing to go down as the first ex-President to be held in contempt of court.

@jmyrlefuller

And YOU,of course,have no  problem at all with the kangaroo court charges Trump is being hit  with by the left in an attempt to  keep him from getting elected.

PLEASE explain the primary difference between YOUR POV and that of the Communist Party,comrade.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2023, 10:49:50 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

And YOU,of course,have no  problem at all with the kangaroo court charges Trump is being hit  with by the left in an attempt to  keep him from getting elected.

PLEASE explain the primary difference between YOUR POV and that of the Communist Party,comrade.
The Communists want to punish those who challenge their monopoly.

I want to punish those who establish a monopoly.

Trump has established a monopoly over the Republican Presidential nomination, despite having already earned the nomination twice. The sole meaningful opposition to the Democrats is locked up, hopelessly. And quite frankly, jail isn't good enough for him. I'm still bitter over 2020. He and his minions nearly destroyed my life. He can go to Hell.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 11:25:57 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2023, 10:51:23 pm »

Trump has established a monopoly over the Republican Presidential nomination, despite having already earned the nomination twice. The sole meaningful opposition to the Democrats is locked up, hopelessly. And quite frankly, jail isn't good enough for him. I'm still bitter over 2020. He and his minions nearly destroyed my life. He cost me my last chance at marriage. He can go to Hell.

????  How did he cost you your last chance at marriage???  I'm not quite understanding @jmyrlefuller
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2023, 11:16:20 pm »
Simon Ateba
@simonateba
BREAKING: In case you missed it late last night while you were in bed, DC Judge Tanya S. Chutkan reinstated a gag order against Trump ahead of the 2024 election, where Trump is the leading GOP candidate.

Here are the 14 key things that you need to know:

1. Last night (Sunday night), DC federal judge, Tanya S. Chutkan, reinstated a gag order on former President Donald J. Trump.

2. The gag order restricts what Mr. Trump can say about witnesses and prosecutors in a case where he is accused of seeking to overturn the 2020 election in Washington D.C.

3. This is different from the gag order in New York which limits what he can say there about court staffers.

4. In Washington DC, the gag order was temporarily placed on hold for nine days before being reinstated last night.

5. Mr. Trump's lawyers had requested a longer freeze on the gag order while a federal appeals court in Washington reviews it,
but Judge Chutkan denied this request.

6. But now, the gag order will remain in effect while a federal appeals court in Washington reviews it.

7. The detailed reasoning behind Judge Chutkan's decision was not immediately available due to a computer system glitch.

8. Trump's legal team had argued that the gag order violates his First Amendment rights and silences him during a crucial period when he is positioning himself as the leading candidate for the 2024 presidential election.

9. However, the special counsel Jack Smith's team contended that despite Trump running for president, he did not have permission to issue public statements that could threaten or intimidate individuals involved in the election interference case, especially if those statements might incite violence among readers or listeners.

10. The gag order in New York is related to a civil case where Trump is accused of allegedly fraudulently inflating the value of his real estate holdings. In contrast, the gag order in Washington, D.C., is associated with a criminal case involving his alleged attempts to overturn the 2020 election.

11. In the New York civil case, Justice Arthur F. Engoron imposed a $10,000 fine on Mr. Trump for violating the gag order (in court), which bars him from going after members of the court's staff. This fine followed a previous $5,000 fine imposed by Justice Engoron in the same case (for a post on Truth Social.)

12. In Washington DC, Jack Smith's team told the judge to reinstate the gag order because Trump had also violated the frozen order by twice making public comments about Mark Meadows, his former chief of staff, who could appear as a witness in the case.

13. “The defendant has capitalized on the court’s administrative stay to, among other prejudicial conduct, send an unmistakable and threatening message” to Mr. Meadows, prosecutors wrote to Judge Chutkan. “Unless the court lifts the administrative stay, the defendant will not stop his harmful and prejudicial attacks,” they added.

14. Last night, the judge sided with them and reinstated the gag order.

My take: Trump has alleged that Judge Tanya S. Chutkan in DC is biased and has made prejudiced statements against him while presiding. He requested the judge to recuse herself, but the judge denied the request. He also asked the judge to extend the duration of the gag order freeze while the appeals court reviews it, which was also denied last night. Trump has further argued that silencing him during a presidential election in which he is a leading candidate is not only unjust but unconstitutional. However, the judge ruled differently. Many individuals on the right assert that this situation clearly indicates election interference, and they may not be wrong!
5:37 AM · Oct 30, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2023, 11:26:26 pm »
????  How did he cost you your last chance at marriage???  I'm not quite understanding @jmyrlefuller
It's personal, but I've edited out that part.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2023, 11:33:30 pm »

Trump has established a monopoly over the Republican Presidential nomination,
despite having already earned the nomination twice. The sole meaningful opposition to the Democrats is locked up, hopelessly. And quite frankly, jail isn't good enough for him. I'm still bitter over 2020. He and his minions nearly destroyed my life. He can go to Hell.

@jmyrlefuller

Ahhhh,I get it now! You hate him because he is a winner,and you are a loser.

I WOULD like to know how he managed to find the  time to "nearly destroy your life",while dealing with all the  other  jealous  fools,though.

BTW,from what I have seen and read from you,you really don't seem to have needed any help ruining your life.

Also,Presidents exist to LEAD,NOT rule the country,never mind the lives of individuals. I am NOT saying that life has or has not been fair to you because I don't know and don't care enough to hear about  it. I AM saying your ego must be TRULY massive if you really think Trump ruined your life. Do you REALLY think he doesn't have more important things to do in  his spare time that worry  about your life,one way or the other?

Get over yourself,bubba.  You just ain't THAT important no matter WHAT your mama  told you while you  were growing up.

None of  us are.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2023, 11:41:19 pm »

Trump has established a monopoly over the Republican Presidential nomination, despite having already earned the nomination twice. The sole meaningful opposition to the Democrats is locked up, hopelessly. And quite frankly, jail isn't good enough for him. I'm still bitter over 2020. He and his minions nearly destroyed my life. He can go to Hell.

@jmyrlefuller

Little full of yourself,ain't ya,bubba?

Do you REALLY think Trump or anyone else important in politics has  nothing  better to do with their spare time that try to ruin your life?

Who the hell  ARE you to think you are THAT important?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2023, 11:46:23 pm »

@libertybele  @jmyrlefuller

You ain't the only  one mystified about THAT one!

Did he propose to Trump and get turned down?

Enquiring minds,and all dat.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2023, 11:53:17 pm »
Just my $.02, but aren't there emough other judicial angles, manners, and protocols in the vein of slander/libel to preclude any biased judge intervening with silly gag orders?

This is the kind of crap that only helps Trump in the court of public opinion.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2023, 11:58:47 pm »
Just my $.02, but aren't there emough other judicial angles, manners, and protocols in the vein of slander/libel to preclude any biased judge intervening with silly gag orders?

This is the kind of crap that only helps Trump in the court of public opinion.

@catfish1957

No  kidding!

If a judge can treat a famous multi-millionaire and former President  like a crack dealer,what can  he do to powerless citizens  like thee and me?

That judge needs to be removed from court and brought up on charges for misuse and abuse of office. We ALL know that is not going to happen,though. The DNC will make sure of that.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2023, 12:13:54 am »
@libertybele  @jmyrlefuller

You ain't the only  one mystified about THAT one!

Did he propose to Trump and get turned down?

Enquiring minds,and all dat.
You wouldn't understand, so I took that part  back.

Online libertybele

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2023, 12:34:00 am »
It's personal, but I've edited out that part.

Ok, fair enough.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2023, 12:35:53 am »
@jmyrlefuller

Little full of yourself,ain't ya,bubba?

Do you REALLY think Trump or anyone else important in politics has  nothing  better to do with their spare time that try to ruin your life?

Who the hell  ARE you to think you are THAT important?

@sneakypete  -- enough of the bullying, please.  Definitely not needed in this forum.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2023, 01:03:12 am »
@jmyrlefuller

Ahhhh,I get it now! You hate him because he is a winner,and you are a loser.

I WOULD like to know how he managed to find the  time to "nearly destroy your life",while dealing with all the  other  jealous  fools,though.

BTW,from what I have seen and read from you,you really don't seem to have needed any help ruining your life.

Get over yourself,bubba.  You just ain't THAT important no matter WHAT your mama  told you while you  were growing up.

None of  us are.
Fine. I guess since I'm such a loser who is so unimportant, why even bother living?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2023, 01:06:23 am »
Existential crisis aside, let's get back to the point.

Do those of you still defending this guy and keep screaming "kangaroo court," etc. even consider the possibility that maybe, just maybe, Trump actually did commit some crimes in plain sight, and that his ego and chronic verbal diarrhea that causes him to lash out at anyone who won't bow down and kiss his ring won't let him mount a proper defense?

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2023, 04:28:54 pm »
Existential crisis aside, let's get back to the point.

Do those of you still defending this guy and keep screaming "kangaroo court," etc. even consider the possibility that maybe, just maybe, Trump actually did commit some crimes in plain sight, and that his ego and chronic verbal diarrhea that causes him to lash out at anyone who won't bow down and kiss his ring won't let him mount a proper defense?

I'm obviously not a Trump fan to the point where I won't be voting for him next year if he's the GOP nominee.  I'm also a lawyer so I have at least a general idea about some of this stuff.

That being said, I think most of these cases - except the documents case - are B.S..  I'm happy to discuss them individually if you wish to say why I feel that way.

Also pretty certain that at least parts of these gag orders are very likely to be overturned.  Things like gag orders generally are evaluated under what's termed a "balancing test", where the justification for the restrictions on speech are weighed against the individual's, and the public's, interest in unrestricted speech.  I think at least some of these restrictions will be struck down by a court of appeals.  So Trump has a point regardless of how stupid he sounds when he makes it.  And he generally sounds pretty damn dumb.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 04:31:03 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2023, 04:31:07 pm »
I'm obviously not a Trump fan to the point where I won't be voting for him next year if he's the GOP nominee.  I'm also a lawyer so I have at least a general idea about some of this stuff.

That being said, I think most of these cases are B.S., and parts of these gag orders are very likely to be overturned.  Things like gag orders generally are evaluated under what's termed a "balancing test", where the justification for the restrictions on speech are weighed against the individual's, and the public's, interest in unrestricted speech.  I think at least some of these restrictions will be struck down by a court of appeals.  So Trump has a point regardless of how stupid he sounds when he makes it.

Same, although I'm on the fence. Things are so bad I may hold my nose a third time...