Author Topic: Congressman Sounds the Alarm After 17 Chinese Nationals Are Arrested in His District  (Read 231 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Congressman Sounds the Alarm After 17 Chinese Nationals Are Arrested in His District
Story by Rachel M. Emmanuel  •
10h

With the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas, worries about the security of the open U.S. border continue to escalate. There are growing concerns about individuals with potential security risks attempting to enter through our vulnerable border.

On Sunday, Rep. Carlos A. Giménez, of Florida, released a statement after 17 individuals from Communist China were detained in Key Largo, which falls within his district.

"As you know that I serve on the House Armed Services Committee but also on the House Select Committee on the competition between the United States and the Communist Chinese Party. And, recently we saw where 17 Chinese Nationals were apprehended in the Florida Keys," Giménez said.
"Very concerning for me. I mean, I have gotten indication, have gotten information that the Communist Chinese party is getting more and more influence in our hemisphere, especially around South Florida. We know that they've got activities going on in Cuba. They also see that they're doing a lot of infrastructure work also in the Bahamas," he continued.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/congressman-sounds-the-alarm-after-17-chinese-nationals-are-arrested-in-his-district/ar-AA1j3y6t?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=52f6643ef8a148da8da89f2f8e10be89&ei=61
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson