Author Topic: Today's Toons 10/30/23  (Read 5330 times)

Offline pookie18

Today's Toons 10/30/23
« on: October 30, 2023, 08:40:19 am »

Click below for Tony's toons:

Click below for related story:

Click below for related story:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter R:

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

Halloween used to be the scariest day of the year. Now it has 364 competitors for the title.

Daily Variety reports a dozen Halloween films will hit the theaters this week aimed at terrifying young people, but also adjusting to their sensibilities. Even movie monsters want to avoid the wrath of cancel culture and to appear progressive. The Creature now swears he comes from the Green Lagoon.

Food News says baloney was a 16th century Italian creation of finely-ground-pork with chunks of fat and called mortadella before German immigrants in the U.S. took out the fat. My desk calendar just told me that Tuesday was National Baloney Day. Its purpose is to focus attention on climate change.

Sunday, Biden will attend the black church he attended as a Latino child raised Cambodian lesbians in the Irish section of Little Italy.

When asked by 60 Minutes why he wanted to run for re-election, Joe Biden said he wants to achieve world peace. Then he asked if it was time for the swimsuit portion of the pageant.

New York City was a battleground of protests and counter-protests Friday after Hamas called for a Worldwide Day of Rage. Some support defied self-preservation. Protest signs in New York that read Queers for Palestine make as much sense as picket signs in Hollywood that read Actresses for Weinstein.

British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak dispatched the Royal Navy to back Israel and he asked Egypt to take in Palestinian refugees. Egypt's Interior Minister asked the Biden Administration for advice on how to handle the flood of refugees. The White House advised Egypt to register them to vote.

The Fox News poll Monday revealed that Americans are most concerned about high food prices, soaring gas prices, rising crime and the U.S. border invasion. All I can say to my fellow Americans as sincerely as possible is stop complaining about your life. There are literally people living in California.

Senator Robert Menendez was charged again Thursday, this time with being an agent for Egypt's regime. The feds found half a million cash and three gold bars in suit jacket pockets in Bob's closet. Shifting the blame, Menendez claimed the suit jackets are from the Donald Trump Signature Collection.

President Biden gave a good speech Friday expressing U.S. support for Israel while also calling for safe treatment of innocent Palestinians. I'm just relieved he stayed focused. At any moment, Joe could wander off the teleprompter and demand that Hummus be eliminated and replaced by Guacamole.

Russia threatened a nuclear war with Britain Friday while China made overtures to Iran which is getting weapons from North Korea to funnel to Hamas. That's it. I just gave the Earth a one-star rating and a bad review on Trip Advisor to dissuade any space aliens that may be planning an invasion.

Zone of Interest, a movie about the Holocaust, trailer released. The Harvard Crimson calls it the Feel Good Movie of the Year.

Palestinian leaders have given presidents wise advice in the past. Yasar Arafat told Bill Clinton that goats don't talk.

Donald Trump's federal trial judge in DC slapped him with a gag order which bans Trump from referring publicly to Special Counsel Jack Smith as deranged. His poll numbers and fundraising go up with each government charge against him. One more indictment and Trump could be declared president.

Harvard distanced itself from the thirty university groups who protested in favor of the Hamas attack on Israeli citizens. I'm afraid we're back to arguing about viruses. The CDC is insisting that anti-Semitism comes from a bat and did not escape from the Ivy League's De-Colonization Curriculum.

Biden adapted quickly to his surroundings on arrival in Israel. When Bibi asked if he was comfortable, Joe said, I make a living.

Joe arrived in Israel wanting straight answers to 2 tough questions. Who am I? Where am I?

Biden to give Gaza $100 million. I hope this teaches Hamas once and for all that crime doesn't pay.

Hamas called for a Worldwide Day of Rage on Friday. Goats everywhere are sheltering in place.

Israel just loaned Biden its Iron Dome defense system to help him shoot down incoming questions from reporters.

The Christian Science Monitor reported Evangelicals are flocking to the Republican Party this week over its unqualified support for Israel. It comes with a price. Evangelicals fear that when the Rapture occurs and the righteous are called to Heaven, it'll leave Democrats with a permanent majority.

Daily Variety posted a letter signed by fifty Hollywood celebrities Saturday calling for a cease-fire in the Middle East. The shelling continued all weekend. Hamas did announce they are no longer throwing LGBTQ people off of tall buildings, explaining that they no longer have any tall buildings left.

-- Argus Hamilton

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Re: Today's Toons 10/30/23
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 12:27:36 pm »
Thanks, Pookie!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 12:46:44 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline pookie18

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2023, 01:14:07 pm »
Thanks, Pookie!

You're welcome, deb!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2023, 01:14:33 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.

My pleasure, Polly Ticks!

Offline Jimino

• God created all men equal. Sam Colt made them more equal!
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2023, 02:30:43 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the toons!
Pray, hope and don't worry.
Santo Pio

Offline pookie18

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2023, 02:48:30 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the toons!

Mornin' & you're welcome, as always, Jimino!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2023, 07:14:51 pm »
Thanks for the Monday Toons and Argus Extras, Pookie!!!!  I hope you had a blessed weekend!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2023, 10:46:07 pm »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline pookie18

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2023, 01:04:09 am »
Thanks for the Monday Toons and Argus Extras, Pookie!!!!  I hope you had a blessed weekend!

My pleasure, as ever, CL!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2023, 01:04:30 am »
Thanks, pookie!

You're welcome, Smokin Joe!