Author Topic: Iranian teen allegedly attacked by morality police for not wearing a hijab dies  (Read 291 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Iranian teen allegedly attacked by morality police for not wearing a hijab dies
Armita Geravand’s death comes after her being in a coma for weeks and threatens to reignite popular anger, protests over Iran’s mandatory headscarf law for women
By JON GAMBRELL
28 October 2023, 11:19 am   5

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — An Iranian teenage girl injured weeks ago in a mysterious incident on Tehran’s Metro while not wearing a headscarf has died, state media reported Saturday.

The death of Armita Geravand comes after her being in a coma for weeks in Tehran and after the one-year anniversary of the death of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini which sparked nationwide protests at the time.

Geravand’s October 1 injury and now her death threaten to reignite that popular anger, particularly as women in Tehran and elsewhere still defy Iran’s mandatory headscarf, or hijab, law as a sign of their discontent with Iran’s theocracy.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/iranian-teen-allegedly-attacked-by-morality-police-for-not-wearing-a-hijab-dies/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson