Author Topic: University to offer master’s degree in witchcraft, magic and occult science  (Read 821 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
University to offer master’s degree in witchcraft, magic and occult science
RACHEL CULVER - THE MASTERS UNIVERSITY
OCTOBER 26, 2023

Professor says she’s seen a ‘surge in interest’ from students

A new master’s degree in witchcraft, magic, and occult science is scheduled to be offered September 2024 at the University of Exeter in England as faculty cite growing student interest.

The new program will explore “specific interests within the long and diverse history of esotericism, witchcraft, ritual magic, occult science, and related topics,” and “build interdisciplinary expertise,” according to the university website.

Students will study history, literature, philosophy, archaeology, sociology, psychology, drama, and religion to understand “the role of magic on the west and east,” The Guardian reported.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/university-to-offer-masters-degree-in-witchcraft-magic-and-occult-science/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It looks like something the Ivy League would be interested in. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
More humbug from Hogwarts.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Our universities are where evil lurks.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Teaching fantasy Dungeons & Dragons in depth studies, something every parent should look forward working double shifts to pay for.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The ivy league and all they teach is not worth a good BM.  Wish I could say I am surprised.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Occult science, what pray tell is an occult science? Oops, just thought of one....climate change :whistle: I am always impressed by the ability of higher edjamacation to come up with absolute bullshit degrees at exorbitant tuition rates. I can't help wondering how many jobs, let alone high paying jobs there are for someone with a masters degree in witchcraft or occult science. I can't wait until American universities jump on the band wagon with these offerings.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

University to offer master’s degree in witchcraft, magic and occult science - How are those subjects any different than economics, political science, and climate studies?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The ivy league and all they teach is not worth a good BM.  Wish I could say I am surprised.

It's not worth a bad BM.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

////00000////

University to offer master’s degree in witchcraft, magic and occult science - How are those subjects any different than economics, political science, and climate studies?
You neglected the latest darling of Gender Studies, but I agree.

I can imagine the scene in a foxhole some where after TEOTWAWKI, where someone asks "What did you do before this?"... So many professions will be fundamentally useless in such a situation.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Does the bookstore carry the Necronomicon?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
It takes a Master's degree to properly eat a Oreo cookie .
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well,you can't blame the  kids for this BECAUSE they  are kids,and don't know any better.

We CAN blame the parents for funding this crap and agreeing to pay for their children to learn  it.

WTH is wrong with those parents? I can  see it with  "Trust Fund Parents",but I am GUESSING that they are in the minority when it comes to student populations.

Which means working class parents are actually  footing the bills to make sure their children are unemployable after graduating from college.

BTW,how come there are no parent groups that get together and sue the piss out of the colleges that are offering these courses? I refuse to believe the majority  of the parents send their children off to college and don't give a damn if they "learn a trade" that will make them independent and solvent after graduating. After all,isn't that WHY people send their children to colleges?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@jafo2010

Well,to be fair to the Ivy League,they are a tiny minority of the colleges and universities available that their children COULD have gone to,instead of "The University of Romper Room".

On top of that the typical Ivy League College family is stinking rich,so it doesn't really matter if their off-sprung learns anything or not. The important thing for THEM is that their offsprung gets to meet,socialize with,and make contacts with the children of the "movers and shakers" in government to insure they get hired at some Ivy League School or Corporation as an executive trainee. It's all about the connections,not the ability. Sure,the ones who have the connections AND the ability will be fast-tracked over the menial grads,but the menial grads will still end up having executive positions with flunkies to do all the work for them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
////00000////

@DefiantMassRINO

There DOES seem to be some overlap there,doesn't it?

Offline mountaineer

Would you like fries with that? If not, I'll put a spell on you!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Would you like fries with that? If not, I'll put a spell on you!

I see what you did there.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

Make them read Faust before they declare their major...

C S Lewis