Author Topic: CVS and Walgreens employees planning a walkout to protest working conditions  (Read 558 times)

Online libertybele

Unbelievable!  They are blaming working conditions??  They put pills in pill bottles in an air conditioned store - so where do the bad working conditions come in???  Since the pandemic the service at Walgreen's has been absolutely terrible.  They've had to shut the pharmacy down numerous times because of staffing issues.  Some Walgreen's are closing.  So -- they are going on strike now??? What do they expect if they continue to call in sick?  I've switched to a different Walgreen's hoping that the service would be better. All my prescriptions are supposed to be ready Monday.  I doubt they'll be open now because of the strike.

Time to switch to a private pharmacy -- it's a bit of a drive, but better than having to deal with the incompetency and shutdowns that we've experienced in the past couple of years.   9999hair out0000

CVS and Walgreens employees planning a walkout to protest working conditions

Workers from some of the nation's biggest pharmacy chains, from CVS to Walgreens, have planned another "walkout" starting Monday as they continue to plead for better working conditions.

They're calling it "pharmageddon," Shane Jerominski, a licensed pharmacist for over a decade who is helping coordinate the latest protest, told FOX Business.

From Monday through Wednesday workers at Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid have pledged to call in sick, according to Jerominski. It comes on the heels of a protest earlier this month when Walgreens employees at 200 of its nearly 9,000 locations called out sick. Shortly before that, CVS employees in at least a dozen Kansas stores didn't show up to work in a separate walkout.

Jerominski says workers are demanding a slate of things to ease the onslaught of duties they have taken on in recent years. Some of the biggest demands include guaranteed hours and better pay for technicians. They also want pharmacists and pharmacy managers to have a direct say in the scheduling.

The hope is that these changes will lead to better staffed stores, improve their work-life balance and reduce the margin of error that they say could impact patient safety.

"We are a force to be reckoned with and we demand more from those who would see us and those we care for suffer," a letter sent to Walgreens staff from organizers of "pharmaggedon" said. 

It's hard to pinpoint how many people will be involved in this latest effort, according to Jerominski. However, according to a poll posted on his social media page, The Accidental Pharmacist, over 2,000 people said, "I'm all for this no matter what."

An additional 1,442 people said they would as long as "hundreds to thousands of pharmacists and technicians" participate, according to screenshots of the poll seen by FOX Business.  .............

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/cvs-walgreens-employees-planning-walkout-protest-working-conditions
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Unbelievable!  They are blaming working conditions??  They put pills in pill bottles in an air conditioned store - so where do the bad working conditions come in??? Since the pandemic the service at Walgreen's has been absolutely terrible.  They've had to shut the pharmacy down numerous times because of staffing issues.  Some Walgreen's are closing.  So -- they are going on strike now??? What do they expect if they continue to call in sick?  I've switched to a different Walgreen's hoping that the service would be better. All my prescriptions are supposed to be ready Monday.  I doubt they'll be open now because of the strike.

Time to switch to a private pharmacy -- it's a bit of a drive, but better than having to deal with the incompetency and shutdowns that we've experienced in the past couple of years.   9999hair out0000

CVS and Walgreens employees planning a walkout to protest working conditions

Workers from some of the nation's biggest pharmacy chains, from CVS to Walgreens, have planned another "walkout" starting Monday as they continue to plead for better working conditions.

They're calling it "pharmageddon," Shane Jerominski, a licensed pharmacist for over a decade who is helping coordinate the latest protest, told FOX Business.

From Monday through Wednesday workers at Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid have pledged to call in sick, according to Jerominski. It comes on the heels of a protest earlier this month when Walgreens employees at 200 of its nearly 9,000 locations called out sick. Shortly before that, CVS employees in at least a dozen Kansas stores didn't show up to work in a separate walkout.

Jerominski says workers are demanding a slate of things to ease the onslaught of duties they have taken on in recent years. Some of the biggest demands include guaranteed hours and better pay for technicians. They also want pharmacists and pharmacy managers to have a direct say in the scheduling.

The hope is that these changes will lead to better staffed stores, improve their work-life balance and reduce the margin of error that they say could impact patient safety.

"We are a force to be reckoned with and we demand more from those who would see us and those we care for suffer," a letter sent to Walgreens staff from organizers of "pharmaggedon" said. 

It's hard to pinpoint how many people will be involved in this latest effort, according to Jerominski. However, according to a poll posted on his social media page, The Accidental Pharmacist, over 2,000 people said, "I'm all for this no matter what."

An additional 1,442 people said they would as long as "hundreds to thousands of pharmacists and technicians" participate, according to screenshots of the poll seen by FOX Business.  .............

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/cvs-walgreens-employees-planning-walkout-protest-working-conditions
Well I can't speak for those two retailers, I avoid them like the plague, but if they are like Kaiser then maybe the issue is they working them like dogs, under staffed and under constant pressure to hit quotas. And as they and others like Walmart have driven small pharmacies out of existence, and into memory holes, they have a lot of power over pharmacists as the major job providers. Not saying I approve of walkouts or strikes, just sayin that from what I have seen it's no idyllic life being a pharmacist.

Online mountaineer

They also want pharmacists and pharmacy managers to have a direct say in the scheduling.
My uncle was a pharmacist, who co-owned his own drugstore. As such, he probably worked twice as many hours as the typical Walgreen's R.Ph. Seriously, if they want to control their work schedule, they probably shouldn't work for someone else.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What employees?  At CVS my only contact with a human is when I check out, and that's just somebody directing me to the self checkout because there is no longer anybody to do it!  If I had prescriptions to pick up, I deal with a human for about 30 seconds.

If they went on strike, how would I notice?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

I have no complaints about our small town Walgreen's. But I'm tired of people always complaining about their jobs. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. Heaven knows, everyone is hiring.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I have no complaints about our small town Walgreen's. But I'm tired of people always complaining about their jobs. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. Heaven knows, everyone is hiring.
Exactly what I told employees that I was managing, also I have told people supposedly providing me service the same thing.

Online DB

CVS is going bankrupt and Walgreens isn't doing well. Keep pushing and there will be no jobs at all there.

Online libertybele

CVS is going bankrupt and Walgreens isn't doing well. Keep pushing and there will be no jobs at all there.

It's just a matter of time before AI eliminates jobs anyways.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I'd say they are doing a fine job of it themselves.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: