Author Topic: IRS Can Enter ‘Anyone’s House at Any Time’: Abuse Detailed in New Weaponization Report  (Read 525 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
IRS Can Enter ‘Anyone’s House at Any Time’: Abuse Detailed in New Weaponization Report
Fred Lucas / @FredLucasWH / October 27, 2023

“I am an IRS agent. I can be at and go into anyone’s house at any time I want to be,” an employee of the Internal Revenue Service told a woman at her home earlier this year. 
An IRS agent showed up at the door of a Marion County, Ohio, woman and lied about his reason for being there.

Once inside, the Internal Revnue Service agent, purporting to be named Bill Haus, began to harass and intimidate the taxpayer, according to a congressional report released Friday.

The woman called a lawyer, who told the IRS agent to leave the home since the taxpayer had gotten no prior notice of unpaid taxes.

“I am an IRS agent. I can be at and go into anyone’s house at any time I want to be,” responded the agent, who was using a phony name, according to the report from the House Judiciary Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/10/27/irs-can-enter-anyones-house-at-any-time-abuse-detailed-in-new-weaponization-report/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

Gun confiscation I'm sure will now be imminent.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Gun confiscation I'm sure will now be imminent.
I foresee many unfortunate boating incidents. And holes being dug.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I foresee many unfortunate boating incidents. And holes being dug.

I foresee a lot of funerals.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
From the article: Under pressure from Congress, the IRS discontinued its policy of unannounced home visits in July.

From July 24, 2023: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy/irs-is-ending-unannounced-visits-to-taxpayers

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Internal Revenue Service said Monday it is ending its decades-old policy of making unannounced home and business visits, in an effort to help keep its workers safe and to combat scammers who pose as IRS agents.

Effective immediately, revenue agents will no longer make unplanned visits to taxpayers’ homes and businesses “except in a few unique circumstances,” the Treasury Department said in a statement. The agency will instead mail letters to people to schedule meetings.

I guess it took a few months for congress to get outraged and hold hearings :shrug:

Offline LMAO

All government agencies need to be desperately reduced in size or eliminated. 

Nothing less will do.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Bidens utopian government, utopiAN FOR GOVERNMENT OPPRESSORS is here, oppressing nonb-democrats and making such oppression safer for government tyraNTS WANNABE OPPRESSORS.  To save us from the Evil trump and making it far easier for government to oppress the citizens at will.
Fools weep knowing they brought this oppressive government upon themselves and the rest of the nation.  HEAR THEM BAWL!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Now we know why those "87,000 new agents" will need weapons training as well...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Entering a residence under color of law using a false name?

Sorry, folks, but THAT ought to be a crime, if it isn't.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Now we know why those "87,000 new agents" will need weapons training as well...

Most of us saw this coming.  I thought however, that this was one of the issues thrown out of the first budget deal that McCarthy caved on.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.