Author Topic: 2021 Photo Shows First Target of Lewiston Killer WAS a "Gun-Free Zone"  (Read 270 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
2021 Photo Shows First Target of Lewiston Killer WAS a "Gun-Free Zone"
By Cam Edwards | 6:34 PM on October 27, 2023

There’s been some uncertainty about whether or not the Just-in-Time Recreation Center that was the first target of the killer in Lewiston, Maine actually prohibited firearms from the premises. Under Maine law, establishments in which alcohol is served must post signage banning the carrying of firearms if they want to prohibit them, though consuming alcohol while carrying is illegal regardless of whether the premises are posted.

A citizen journalist and member of the Connecticut Citizens Defense League, Matthew Strasser, was the first to spot a small sign in a picture of Just-in-Time’s front entrance that was posted online in 2021. As the Crime Prevention Research Center reports:

As we have pointed out many times, mass murderers prefer defenseless victims, gun-free zones. Ninety-four percent of the mass public shootings occur in gun-free zones (updated, detailed discussion here). And [name redacted – Cam] is no different. He apparently picked two gun-free zones to do his attack. The picture here is from 2021. The sign for Just-in-Time Bowling Alley, located at 24 Mollison Way, Lewiston, ME 04240, reads: “We kindly ask that you refrain from bringing firearms in this building and we would appreciate it if you left them in your vehicle. Please keep our atmosphere family friendly.” [Name redacted] murdered seven people (one woman and six men) there. We are working to get a higher-definition picture of the sign. Two sources tell us that the Schemengees Bar & Grille Restaurant, located at 551 Lincoln St. Lewiston, Maine, was also a gun-free zone, but we don’t yet have a picture of the sign there.

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2023/10/27/lewiston-bowling-alley-that-was-first-target-of-killer-was-a-gun-free-zone-n76660
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson