Author Topic: CVS Pharmacy in Washington DC Forced to Display Photos Instead of Actual Products to Combat Theft  (Read 574 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US NEWS
CVS Pharmacy in Washington DC Forced to Display Photos Instead of Actual Products to Combat Theft
Steve Straub   By Steve Straub
Published October 29, 2023 at 7:09am

In a drastic move to deal with constant theft, a CVS pharmacy in Washington, DC has put up framed photos of items like toilet paper and kitchen towels instead of the real products.

To buy anything, customers must press a button to have staff bring out the items from a secure area.

“This is how we live in America now?” questioned conservative commentator Joey Mannarino, who drew attention to the situation by sharing images of the store.

Mannarino compared America’s retail plight to his recent experience abroad, stating, “I was in Barcelona, Spain a few months ago and saw Mac laptops sitting out in the middle of the store.”

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/cvs-pharmacy-washington-dc-forced-display-photos-instead-actual-products-combat-theft
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Dat beez racist,n'shit!

Sumbodie call a Rev-run!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 05:07:27 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
When I was a young man, stores were set up so that you selected what you wanted, and the person behind the counter got it for you. Now, those were small, country stores, and the idea of a self-service grocery was new enough it was advertised by bigger stores. We many be headed back to the old model...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

When I was a young man, stores were set up so that you selected what you wanted, and the person behind the counter got it for you. Now, those were small, country stores, and the idea of a self-service grocery was new enough it was advertised by bigger stores. We many be headed back to the old model...
Perhaps, except it all will be automated. The customer provides a shopping list electronically. No reason to pay a human $20 per hour to fetch a can of corn when the robot can do it without complaining.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org