Author Topic: Hamas and Iran Have Declared War on the West  (Read 403 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hamas and Iran Have Declared War on the West
« on: October 29, 2023, 04:17:29 pm »
Hamas and Iran Have Declared War on the West
Published 10/18/23 06:00 AM ET
Mark Toth and Col. (Ret.) Jonathan Sweet

When it comes to characterizing the Middle East, we often refer to analyzing what happens there as much like looking through a kaleidoscope. Nothing is what it appears to be on a surface level. One twist, however slight, and the mirrors reveal added dimensions and complexities that pose new diplomatic challenges and threats to U.S. security interests.

The Mideast rarely affords clarity. It is now, though, unambiguously.

Hamas and its sponsor, Iran, effectively declared war against the West on Oct. 7, when Hamas unleashed its terrorist attack against Israel. As President Joe Biden arrives in Israel today, the kaleidoscope seems frozen in place, with Iran’s malevolent reflection staring back at Washington and Jerusalem.

Though it has denied involvement in the attack, there is no question that Iran is at the root of Hamas’s evil, and is responsible for fomenting wider Middle East instability; it supports Hezbollah militants in Lebanon, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s regime, Shia militias in Iraq, and Houthi rebels in Yemen.

Diplomacy alone will not stop Iran’s war against the West. “Never again” — a refrain Israelis use in reference to the Holocaust and the 1973 Yom Kippur War — happened again because Iran continues to fund, provide weapons and train Hamas militants. It will keep happening until Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei and his regime are no longer in power. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the Israeli people understand that, but will Biden and his advisers?

https://themessenger.com/opinion/hamas-attack-iran-nuclear-war-on-west-israel-terrorism-hezbollah
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Hamas and Iran Have Declared War on the West
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 06:59:52 am »
Anyone paying attention would have known Iran's trajectory in the late '70s when the Shah was deposed. This is no surprise, nor is it new. Hamas is just another terrorist arm of Iranian Policy.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 04:28:01 pm »
  Hamas is just another terrorist arm of Iranian Policy.

Hamas is just another terrorist arm of Iranian Policy and US approval. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2023, 04:42:04 pm »
Hamas is just another terrorist arm of Iranian Policy and US approval. :thud:
Chaos makes for volatile markets, and there is money to be made when there is blood in the streets. Underneath all their shiny nonsense, the Left is looking to capitalize on that crisis, one they often create. Think BLM, founded on Marxism, propelled by the lies of St. Trayvon, "Hands up, don't shoot", and St. George of Floyd, and not even counting the haul from looting countless shops and stores, made bank on donations to their false cause (enough to buy mansions for their 'trained Marxist' founders.

Trained indeed.

As chaos goes, the more the merrier, as equities tumble then recover. Buy low, sell high.
And war is the stuff economies have been 'fixed' on. Bleed the little guy (literally at times) and cash in.

There is not one aspect of the current international sh*tshow that does not have a trail right back to this administration's mismanagement and hostility toward what works in America, from cutting off oil companies from drilling onshore and off on Federal Leases, to silly emissions requirements, to pushing for electric everything, especially vehicles, to holding up space launches, they've stuck their grubby fingers in every pie and still want more.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis