Author Topic: How "Two" Carrier Strike Groups Off Israeli Coast Could Launch Massive Air Attacks  (Read 200 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

How "Two" Carrier Strike Groups Off Israeli Coast Could Launch Massive Air Attacks
The US “dual-carrier” exercise last year was quickly and not surprisingly copied by the People’s Liberation Army - Navy
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONOCT 22, 2023
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

Not long ago in the Pacific, the US Navy conducted “dual-carrier” war drills wherein two aircraft carriers operated in close coordination with one another to practice executing a massive air campaign, something which verified that several integrated carriers together could double the sortie rate, dwell time over targets and geographical envelope of attack. With USS Ford and USS Dwight D. Eisenhower Carrier Strike Groups both off the coast of Israel, the Pentagon is making it clear that it has the ability to operate a sweeping, massive, multi-warship air attack on Hamas or Iran if necessary.

The “dual-carrier” training mission in the Pacific was successful, as it enabled the US Navy to ensure it could greatly “scale” and maintain a sustained air attack from the sea. It involved the USS Carl Vinson and USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Groups which conducted a range of maritime warfare operations, including anti-submarine warfare, naval replenishment, cross-deck flight operations, and maritime interdiction missions.

The US “dual-carrier” exercise was quickly and not surprisingly copied by the People’s Liberation Army - Navy, and it may have provided the confidence and conceptual framework for the Pentagon’s current decision to place two highly-lethal and likely integrated Carrier Strike Groups in the Eastern Mediterranean.

https://warriormaven.com/global-security/how-two-carrier-strike-groups-off-israeli-coast-could-launch-massive-air-attacks
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson