Author Topic: In wake of Hamas attack, western protests, Republicans increase focus on legal immigration limits  (Read 213 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
In wake of Hamas attack, western protests, Republicans increase focus on legal immigration limits
Republicans have called for revoking visas of people who support Hamas
Adam Shaw By Adam Shaw Fox News
Published October 29, 2023 4:00am EDT

In the wake of the Hamas terror attack against Israel, and anti-Israel protests erupting across the country, some Republicans are shifting their attention on immigration away from the border and onto stopping foreign nationals who express anti-Israel or pro-Hamas views from getting into the U.S. legally as well.

The Hamas terror attacks immediately drew attention from conservatives and Republicans to the southern border, and the risk of terrorists getting in through past Border Patrol.

However, both the attacks and protests that emerged in college campuses and cities throughout the U.S. also raised new questions about potential restrictions on legal immigration — including in the refugee process.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/in-wake-of-hamas-attack-protests-republicans-increase-focus-legal-immigration-limits
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Focus, shmocus!  Words!  Just words!  I can focus on the Detroit Tigers but that doesn't mean it will do anything to change or improve them.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson