Author Topic: Donald Trump says it's time for Mike Pence to endorse him now that he's dropped out of the 2024 race  (Read 911 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12684729/Donald-Trump-says-time-Mike-Pence-endorse-hes-dropped-2024-race.html

Ex-President Donald Trump said that Mike Pence owes him for getting chosen as vice president and should endorse his run for president after his former No. 2 dropped out of the running on Saturday.

Trump lamented during his remarks in Las Vegas, Nevada that he's disappointed in the lack of loyalty in politics.

Pence issued a shock announcement at the Republican Jewish Coalition Summit earlier on Saturday where he said he was withdrawing from the 2024 Republican nomination contest.

Trump spoke at the same event – and later in the day held a commit to caucus event down the Vegas Strip from the Venetian Conference Center at Stoney's Rockin' Country.

At his second remarks of the day, Trump said the former vice president should now issue an endorsement for his third presidential run despite their bitter falling-out in the final days of 2020.

'You know, people are leaving now, and they're all endorsing me,' Trump said. 'I don't know about Mike Pence.'

'He should endorse me, you know why? Because I had a great successful presidency and he was the vice president,' the former president added. 'He should enforce me. I chose him, made him vice president. But people in politics can be very disloyal. I've never seen anything like it.'

EXCERPT

Trump's gall never ceases to amaze me.  He can go to hell.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12684729/Donald-Trump-says-time-Mike-Pence-endorse-hes-dropped-2024-race.html

EXCERPT

Trump's gall never ceases to amaze me.  He can go to hell.

Yeah, pretty sure Trump is going to be waiting quite awhile for that endorsement.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Trump himself knows a little about disloyalty. Ask his wives.  :pondering:

Loyalty is EARNED, not owed.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Trump himself knows a little about disloyalty. Ask his wives.  :pondering:

Loyalty is EARNED, not owed.

Loyalty also is not unconditional, and can justifiably be withdrawn once given depending on circumstances.

Offline LMAO

Can anybody recall any previous presidential candidates demanding endorsements and loyalty?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

Can anybody recall any previous presidential candidates demanding endorsements and loyalty?

Can you imagine if a Democrat had said this, no I don't recall any Presidential candidates in this country at least demanding loyalty and/or endorsements. Maybe in third-world countries in Latin America, but not here.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Yeah, pretty sure Trump is going to be waiting quite awhile for that endorsement.

I'm sure Pesident Trump is prepared to forgo the coveted Pence family voting bloc.   88devil

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
I'm sure Pesident Trump is prepared to forgo the coveted Pence family voting bloc.   88devil

He's going to forgo a lot more voting blocs than simply the Pence Family's.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Rattler shakes it with:
"Trump's gall never ceases to amaze me.  He can go to hell."

Hahahahahahahaha.
I thought it was perhaps one of the best ever "coup de graces" of politics !

Offline cato potatoe

Online libertybele

He's going to forgo a lot more voting blocs than simply the Pence Family's.

Meh ... I think more people dislike Pence than they do Trump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

Why would Trump want Pence's endorsement?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline kevindavis007

Meh ... I think more people dislike Pence than they do Trump.

Nope
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I think this whole idea of political/professional loyalty pushed by Trump is repulsive.

In a political/professional capacity, you are supposed to recommend/support the best person for the job whether you like them or not, and regardless of what favors they may have done for you in the past.  Because when acting in a professional capacity, you're not really acting as an individual but rather as a trustee for the political office for which you were elected, or for the job you are holding as part of your employment.

The idea that "I did you a political favor so you now owe me in return" is the exact kind of crap "the swamp" uses to maintain power.  The problem is that people in positions of trust and politicians too often don't do what's right.  Instead, they do what is good for themselves or for their political allies as part of the "I scratched your back so you scratch mine" swamp mentality.   The moral imperative if you are acting in a professional capacity is "best person for the job", not "best buddy for the job."  The fact that Trump thinks otherwise, and gets outraged when people don't treat their positions of trust as personal coin, is just sickening.  People elected Trump to office to do what is best for the country as a whole, not to use his position to accumulate "favors" for which other people must "repay" him later.  Just another indication of how unfit he is for that office.

That's a different situation from loyalty in terms of personal relationships/friendships outside of work, where "favors" you do for others are in your personal capacity and not when you are acting as a representative of a larger organization.  Loyalty in that situation is entirely different.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 05:44:27 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Trump already has stated that there were three or four people who he would not support if they were the nominee because "they were not loyal to me.". That clearly would include at least Pence, Christie, and DeSantis.

It's a great confirmation of his narcissism that he believes that people who he would refuse to endorse nevertheless owe him an endorsement.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 02:57:24 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »