Author Topic: The ‘Gaza metro’: The mysterious subterranean tunnel network used by Hamas  (Read 412 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 The ‘Gaza metro’: The mysterious subterranean tunnel network used by Hamas
Story by By Joshua Berlinger, CNN  •
3h

The myriad tunnels under Gaza are best known as passageways used to smuggle goods from Egypt and launch attacks into Israel.

But there exists a second underground network that the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) colloquially refer to as the “Gaza metro.” It’s a vast labyrinth of tunnels, by some accounts several kilometers underground, used to transport people and goods; to store rockets and ammunition caches; and house Hamas command and control centers, all away from the prying eyes of the IDF’s aircraft and surveillance drones.

Hamas in 2021 claimed to have built 500 kilometers (311 miles) worth of tunnels under Gaza, though it is unclear if that figure was accurate or posturing. If true, Hamas’ underground tunnels would be a little less than half the length of the New York City subway system.
“It’s a very intricate, very large – huge – network of tunnels on a rather small piece of territory,” said Daphne Richemond-Barak, a professor at Israel’s Reichman University and expert on underground warfare.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-gaza-metro-the-mysterious-subterranean-tunnel-network-used-by-hamas/ar-AA1j0qsP?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=046e9ac931de4891b00e7c339ef755e5&ei=19
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I say make Gaza a NO GO ZONE.  Destroy every square inch, and post the land as uninhabitable moving forward.  Anything moving would be targeted and destroyed. 

The way to end incursions from Gaza is to end Gaza as we know it.

:yowsa: 22222frying pan :yowsa: 22222frying pan