Author Topic: Driver of car covered in pro-Hamas writing illegally had gun blocks from planned pro-Israel rally: p  (Read 605 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Driver of car covered in pro-Hamas writing illegally had gun blocks from planned pro-Israel rally: police
'USA=ISIS=ISRAEL' was written on the right side of the car
Kyle Morris By Kyle Morris Fox News
Published October 27, 2023 4:00am EDT

A man was illegally carrying a handgun after he drove through the streets of a New York town in a car covered in swastikas, a Palestinian flag and pro-Hamas messages just blocks from a planned pro-Israel rally, officials said.

Hani Saleh, 47, was arrested Wednesday in White Plains at South Lexington Avenue and Quarropas Street after cops pulled over his Volkswagen, according to the White Plains Police Department

The vehicle sported a Palestinian flag along the top, according to photos obtained by Fox News Digital.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/driver-swastika-emblazoned-car-arrested-illegal-handgun-near-planned-pro-israel-rally-ny
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They don't say why he was stopped but it must have been profiling.  They must have assumed with all that sh*t on the car he was dangerous. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
They don't say why he was stopped but it must have been profiling.  They must have assumed with all that sh*t on the car he was dangerous. :whistle:

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/hani-saleh-white-plains-car-graffiti-swastikas-illegal-gun/

Police there stopped 47-year-old Hani Saleh, of Elmsford, for driving a car covered with anti-Israel and anti-United States graffiti, including swastikas. They say the writing obstructed the windshield and the license plate had been altered.

Officers searched the car and say they found a loaded 40-caliber handgun. Saleh did not have a permit for the weapon.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
WTH are "gun blocks"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
WTH are "gun blocks"?

@sneakypete

He had a "gun". And he was "blocks" from a planned pro-Israel rally.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

He had a "gun". And he was "blocks" from a planned pro-Israel rally.

@Elderberry

Thanks!

The way that was written seemed to imply something else.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline the OlLine Rebel

@Elderberry

Thanks!

The way that was written seemed to imply something else.

Bingo.  Really poor writing and I never sorted that out myself.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.