Author Topic: Liberals Hate Getting Hoist by Their Own Petard  (Read 203 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Liberals Hate Getting Hoist by Their Own Petard
« on: October 28, 2023, 04:16:45 pm »
DAVID STROM 3:31 PM on October 27, 2023

Liberals are suddenly discovering a love for free speech, hate for cancel culture, and disgust with loud protests.

It is a wonder to behold and gives me a warm feeling of Schadenfreude.

By now you have seen the revolt against “cancel culture,” which liberals until yesterday called free speech with consequences, due to the fact that employers are horrified to discover that potential employees also happen to love genocide. Liberals firmly believed that “silence is violence” and that refusing to use made-up pronouns was unacceptable hate speech and the equivalent of genocide; now, though, actual genocide is an admirable resistance to “settler colonialism” and its advocates should be admired.

Whatever. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Los Angeles County Supervisor Lindsey P. Horvath has similarly discovered a newfound disgust with protests, after celebrating them not so long ago.

During the George Floyd riots, Horvath was all-in on loud protests that weren’t, as she described it, “polite.” Now she is pretty sure that loud and impolite protests are disgusting.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/10/27/liberals-hate-getting-hoist-by-their-own-petard-n588134
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Liberals Hate Getting Hoist by Their Own Petard
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2023, 04:25:39 pm »
Remember folks, it's only okay when they do it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis