Author Topic: Elite Universities That Defended Free Speech For Hamas Supporters Have Long Record Of Canceling Cons  (Read 313 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Elite Universities That Defended Free Speech For Hamas Supporters Have Long Record Of Canceling Conservatives
Story by Brandon Poulter  •
1d

Harvard University and the University of Pennsylvania released statements in the past week claiming to be pro-free speech, but experts say they often don’t support free speech for conservatives.
Harvard University President Claudine Gay and UPenn President Elizabeth Magill both said their respective universities support “free expression” in statements claiming their universities stand behind the free speech of their students.

“It’s been incredibly telling what so many universities are and are not willing to take a strong moral stance. These elite schools were very, very willing to speak up in support of BLM and to speak up in support of Ukraine, but you look at how they treated the absolute horror that’s being inflicted upon Israel right now, and so many schools were reluctant to take that strong moral stance,” Angela Morabito, a visiting fellow at the Independent Women’s Forum and the spokesperson for the Defense of Freedom Institute, told the DCNF.

Harvard University and the University of Pennsylvania (UPenn) released statements defending students’ pro-Hamas speech after campus protests, but in the past have muzzled conservatives for speech and online statements.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/elite-universities-that-defended-free-speech-for-hamas-supporters-have-long-record-of-canceling-conservatives/ar-AA1iXRhh?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=5b790d76dfa64077a8b224cb0d5d209c&ei=20
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson