Author Topic: Biden FAA Pushing Diversity Hiring As Air Traffic Control System Falls Into Total Disarray  (Read 178 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden FAA Pushing Diversity Hiring As Air Traffic Control System Falls Into Total Disarray
Story by Jason Cohen  •
15h

President Joe Biden’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is striving to enlist a diverse workforce through targeting certain demographics even as its air traffic control system is facing shortages and safety challenges.

The FAA has several diversity hiring initiatives, including for black people, Hispanic people, disabled people and women, according to its website. At the same time, air traffic control is experiencing numerous issues including staffing shortages, mistakes, technological challenges and close call incidents.

“We’re certainly critical of the FAA’s efforts—in the past and in the present—to rely on race as a factor in hiring air traffic controllers,” Mountain States Legal Foundation General Counsel William Trachman told the Daily Caller News Foundation. “Obviously we are talking about a line of work where merit and the need for skill are a matter of life and death. No one cares about the race of the air traffic controller guiding in their flight.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/biden-faa-pushing-diversity-hiring-as-air-traffic-control-system-falls-into-total-disarray/ar-AA1iYp0d?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=aa27eb11c2ee440cab9bed92b1086011&ei=22
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson