Author Topic: California city the first in US to condemn Israel, accuse Jewish state of ‘ethnic cleansing’ in Gaza  (Read 244 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California city the first in US to condemn Israel, accuse Jewish state of ‘ethnic cleansing’ in Gaza
By Melissa Koenig
Published Oct. 26, 2023, 12:37 p.m. ET

A California city has become the first in the US to pass a resolution condemning Israel — accusing the Jewish nation of committing “ethnic cleansing and collective punishment.”

The resolution passed by the Richmond City Council around 1 a.m. Wednesday states, in part, that Palestinians in Gaza “are currently facing a campaign of ethnic cleansing and collective punishment by the state of Israel.”

That “is considered a war crime under international law,” the resolution states.

It also calls for an “immediate humanitarian ceasefire and the safe passage of substantial humanitarian aid to Gaza,” as well as an “end to Israeli apartheid and the occupation and blockade of Palestinian land by Israeli military forces.”

“The city of Richmond opposes all existing and future military aid to Israel,” it concludes, while attempting to express support for Jewish members of its community.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/26/news/california-city-the-first-in-us-to-condemn-israel-accuse-jewish-state-of-ethnic-cleansing-in-gaza/
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 05:08:12 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well if the Richmond, CA ( Just north of Berkeley population approx 116,500) says so...........WGAF!