Author Topic: Hung out to dry: NYC spending millions to clean migrants’ laundry  (Read 200 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Hung out to dry: NYC spending millions to clean migrants’ laundry
By Carl Campanile
Published Oct. 26, 2023, 7:28 p.m. ET
This gives new meaning to money laundering.

New York City is shelling out millions of dollars to wash dirty clothes for migrants in local shelters — including a $1.1 million emergency cleaning contract awarded to Queens-based CRC Management Co. for people in shelters it runs that was revealed in city records Thursday.

The free laundry service for migrants is leaving New Yorkers hung out to dry, local leaders said.

“Taxpayers are being taken to the cleaners,” said Staten Island Borough President Vito Fossella. “Here we are providing laundry services to people who arrived here last week?

“That’s a lot of dough to spend on laundry. We should be spending that money elsewhere. It’s one more reason the migrant crisis has to come to an end.”

https://nypost.com/2023/10/26/metro/nyc-spending-millions-to-clean-migrants-laundry/
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 03:43:32 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Re: Hung out to dry: NYC spending millions to clean migrants’ laundry
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 03:45:00 pm »
Gee, who approved that? Maybe someone should hold him/her/them accountable?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Hung out to dry: NYC spending millions to clean migrants’ laundry
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 03:49:15 pm »
The State of New York has no obligation to support illegal migrants.

That's the Federal Government's responsibility since they (used to) control immigration.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.