Author Topic: Biden Pushes Lawsuits Against Gun Makers Following Maine Attacks  (Read 572 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Pushes Lawsuits Against Gun Makers Following Maine Attacks

AWR Hawkins 26 Oct 2023

On Thursday, in response to the Maine shootings, President Joe Biden pushed for a repeal of protections that protect gun makers from frivolous lawsuits, universal background checks, and other gun controls.

WhiteHouse.gov published Biden’s statement, which opened with him saying, “Today, Jill and I are praying for the Americans who’ve lost their lives, for those still in critical care, and for the families, survivors, and community members enduring shock and grief.”

He then urged residents in Maine’s Lewiston area to heed all law enforcement’s warnings, including alerts to shelter-in-place.

Biden eventually transitioned to the summer 2022 passage of the gun control he passed with Sen. John Cornyn’s (R-TX) help, noting, as always, that gun control is not enough.

He then said:

I urge Republican lawmakers in Congress to fulfill their duty to protect the American people. Work with us to pass a bill banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, to enact universal background checks, to require safe storage of guns, and end immunity from liability for gun manufacturers.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2023/10/26/biden-pushes-lawsuits-against-gun-makers-following-maine-attacks/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Biden Pushes Lawsuits Against Gun Makers Following Maine Attacks
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 01:40:27 pm »
Just like clockwork.  Old Joe thinks it is 1992 again.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 10:33:36 pm »
The shooter already broke laws against carrying a loaded firearm in liquor establishments, and if the shooter had a history of Domestic Violence, He's in violation of the Lautenberg Amendment (Federal Law) even having a firearm. Not to mention laws against shooting people.

Now will someone tell me how one more law is going to make a damned bit of difference?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2023, 03:11:15 am »
   I urge Republican lawmakers in Congress to fulfill their duty to protect the American people. Work with us to pass a bill banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, to enact universal background checks, to require safe storage of guns, and end immunity from liability for gun manufacturers.

No... Hell no... double Hell NO !
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2023, 10:27:48 am »
No... Hell no... double Hell NO !
Right. Not only would ending "immunity"for being sued for the misuse of a product open the courts to, say, Ford being sued because someone used their truck to hit someone, but the open contempt for the RKBA is there in fully naked display.

In the face of a country invaded by military age men by the millions at the behest of this administration, Americans would be fools to disarm.

I agree. Oh, Hell no!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis