Author Topic: Democrat Lawmaker: I’ve Been a ‘Good F***ing Soldier’ for Dade Phelan  (Read 389 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Brandon Waltens   | October 26, 2023

Armando Walle currently serves on the House Appropriations Committee, where he chairs a subcommittee on the state’s biennial budget.

While the House debated border security legislation, a Democrat lawmaker launched into a profanity-laced tirade on the House floor.

The moment happened during the early portions of the debate for House Bill 4, which would allow Texas to arrest people for illegally entering the state as well as remove them from the state for refusing to comply with an order to return to Mexico.

Democrat State Rep. Armando Walle (Houston) made the comments to State Rep. Cody Harris (R–Palestine) after he made a motion to limit debate to 46 amendments.

Caught on a live microphone, Walle said the motion was “f***ing bullsh**.”

“I’ve been sitting there the whole g**da** time listening to y’all motherf***ers. None of y’all motherf***ers know this sh**. It pisses me off,” said Walle.

In another moment from the video, Walle points towards House Speaker Dade Phelan while saying “I’ve been a good f***ng soldier to him. To my own f***ng detriment.”

In a statement released following the release of the video, Walle said it was an “emotional issue,” telling news outlets he had “no regrets.”

Lawmakers passed HB 4 early Thursday morning in a party-line vote.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/democrat-lawmaker-ive-been-a-good-fing-soldier-for-dade-phelan/