Author Topic: Deaths at the Hospital Parking Lot: Between 10 and 50 Not 500 as initially reported. Oh - and who fi  (Read 302 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Deaths at the Hospital Parking Lot: Between 10 and 50
Not 500 as initially reported. Oh - and who fired the missile?
October 26, 2023 by Hugh Fitzgerald 5 Comments

After the explosion at the parking lot of the Al-Ahli Hospital in Gaza, Hamas immediately accused Israel of being responsible, of having committed a “massacre” or even more preposterously, a “genocide.” This hysterical charge was taken up at once and repeated by most of the international media who were perfectly willing to parrot the Hamas story. Within a day, however, having thoroughly investigated the incident, relying on timing (when a barrage of rockets had been let loose from Gaza by Palestinian Islamic Jihad), on visual evidence of a PIJ rocket misfiring and landing next to the hospital at a parking lot, and on audio (the telephone call, recorded by the Israelis, of two Hamas operatives discussing the fact that a PIJ rocket had indeed misfired), the Israelis concluded that it was not they who were responsible — there were no Israeli operations going on at that time anywhere near the hospital — but a misfired PIJ rocket. After all, just since Oct. 7, there had been 450 rockets, launched from Gaza, that misfired and landed in Gaza, killing civilians.

And now we learn that not only did Hamas lie about who caused the explosion, but lied as well about the number of casualties. More on this latest development can be found here: “Death toll in Gaza hospital blast greatly exaggerated – independent intel,” by Maya Zanger-Nadis, Jerusalem Post, October 19, 2023:

https://www.frontpagemag.com/deaths-at-the-hospital-parking-lot-between-10-and-50/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson