Author Topic: AP Stylebook Suggests Hamas Not Be Called ‘Terrorists,’ Though Term Is Fine for Republicans  (Read 436 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AP Stylebook Suggests Hamas Not Be Called ‘Terrorists,’ Though Term Is Fine for Republicans

By Brad Slager | 11:50 AM on October 25, 2023The opinions expressed by contributors are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of RedState.com.

The media complex in this country has taken itself to all-new lows the past week regarding the manner in which the Israel-Hamas war has been covered. The wildly errant reporting is bad enough, but there has also been hesitancy towards calling out horrific acts, striving to deliver a both-sides approach towards heinous attackers, a willingness to be more critical of our ally Israel, and taking at face value spoon-fed reports from the terror group Hamas.

And on this last point, there is yet another issue; the unwillingness of news outlets to even address the murderous outfit operating from Gaza as a group of “terrorists”. A number of outlets have come out declaratively on how they will use other terminology to describe terrorism or those who commit it as terrorists. As the BBC explained, in sniveling fashion, “Terrorism is a loaded word, which people use about an outfit they disapprove of morally. It's simply not the BBC's job to tell people who to support and who to condemn.”

https://redstate.com/bradslager/2023/10/25/the-ap-stylebook-stipulates-hamas-not-be-referred-to-as-a-terrorists-acceptable-for-republicans-n2165534
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. government’s Voice of America orders reporters not to call Hamas ‘terrorists’

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Voice of America, the government’s taxpayer-funded news media operation, has instructed its reporters to stop calling Hamas terrorists.

The Oct. 7 sneak attack on Israel can be labeled a “terrorist attack,” but those who carried it out cannot be called terrorists, VOA‘s editor for news standards told employees last week. They were instead told to use “militants” or “fighters.”

“We cannot favor one side over another or do anything that feeds even the perception of bias,” Carol Guensburg wrote in an email.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/oct/25/voice-of-america-orders-reporters-not-to-call-hama/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DefiantMassRINO

What is the preferred snowflake euphemism for an organization that murders and burns babies?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What is the preferred snowflake euphemism for an organization that murders and burns babies?
Moslems? :shrug: