Author Topic: Atlanta travelers say plain-clothed DEA agents seized their cash at the gate after they passed secur  (Read 334 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Atlanta travelers say plain-clothed DEA agents seized their cash at the gate after they passed security check
Plain-clothed DEA agents are accused of seizing innocent traveler's money at Atlanta airport during drug searches
Megan Myers By Megan Myers Fox News
Published October 25, 2023 4:30pm EDT

Court orders DOJ to hand back this man’s seized money. How he lost anyway: ‘Cost me an arm and a leg’
After the DEA seized an innocent man's cash, Brian Moore sued the DOJ and won his money back. But a federal court is refusing his request to have his legal fees repaid.

Travelers in Atlanta have accused plain-clothed drug task force officers of unfairly targeting them and seizing millions in cash, according to a local report.

Law enforcement in the task force, which includes U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents and Clayton County Police, walk gate to gate at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and, without warrants, search travelers bags for drugs, according to Atlanta News First. But the task force rarely finds drugs and instead seizes wads of cash without making arrests, the local outlet reported.

"He just approached me and he asked me for my ID," Tabari Sturdivant, a film director, told Atlanta News First. "He didn’t state who he was. He just asked me for ID, and I thought he was a Delta agent. He had airport credentials on, and so I gave it to him immediately."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/atlanta-travelers-say-plain-clothed-dea-agents-seized-cash-gate-passed-security-check
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson