Author Topic: ‘Out of bullets’: Biden admin fears the return of $5 per gallon after they drained strategic oil res  (Read 367 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Out of bullets’: Biden admin fears the return of $5 per gallon after they drained strategic oil reserves
October 25, 2023 | Nick Pope

Some officials within the Biden administration reportedly fear the possible return of high gas prices, especially given their decision to release huge quantities of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) in 2021 and 2022, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

Biden administration officials are sensitive to the possibility that gas prices could exceed $5 per gallon again, which occurred briefly in 2022, according to the Times. The administration tapped into the SPR to bring down prices then, but they have not offset those releases, and the steps taken to bring down gas prices in 2022 may not work as effectively this time around in the event of a fresh price shock.

“They succeeded last year in the second half, but this year I think they’ve kind of run out of bullets,” Amrita Sen, director of research at Energy Aspects, told the Times of the administration’s SPR drawdowns. “They got a little overconfident that prices would stay low,” she continued, adding that “in some ways, they’ve missed the boat.”

more

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1549123482528714755

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/10/25/out-of-bullets-biden-admin-fears-the-return-of-5-per-gallon-after-they-drained-strategic-oil-reserves-1407425/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Biden Admin's concern is disingenuous.  They are not concerned for the impact to citizens; but, they are concerned how it may effect the 2024 campaigns.

Had they not shackled the domestic energy infrastructure companies, they would have no reason to worry.  The Biden Admin's wrong domestic energy policies are a threat to National Security and Economic Security.

God did not bless America with ample supplies of resources for us to just leave it in the ground.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RINO snorts:
"God did not bless America with ample supplies of resources for us to just leave it in the ground."

Nor did he bless us with ample supplies of resources for us to just sell them to other countries.

All domestically-produced energy (coal, oil, natural gas) should be sold and used ONLY in America.

STOP shipping it to other countries -- we're going to need it someday.

Online libertybele

RINO snorts:
"God did not bless America with ample supplies of resources for us to just leave it in the ground."

Nor did he bless us with ample supplies of resources for us to just sell them to other countries.

All domestically-produced energy (coal, oil, natural gas) should be sold and used ONLY in America.

STOP shipping it to other countries -- we're going to need it someday.

Agreed.

@Fishrrman - someday?  I think that 'someday' is here.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Biden continually raises the prices incurred on us for saving us from the EVIL Trump, REMEMBER.  The wicked refuse to be taken to task for Trumps defeat and Bidens victories based on unrelenting lies.  REMEMBER AMNESIACS???
Lies and denies aside, this rests clearly on your shoulders! YOU OWN THIS SEPTIC TANK WITH YOUr FINGERPRINTS ALL OVER IT!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions