Author Topic: Father electrocuted while saving his children at Florida mall.  (Read 810 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Father electrocuted while saving his children at Florida mall.
« on: October 26, 2023, 12:35:37 pm »
Daily Mail By Alice Wright 10/25/2023

Florida dad of four Nate Davenport is fatally electrocuted after jumping into a fountain at Harbourside Center to save two of his children who were being zapped by electric currents: Heartbroken family mourns Navy vet who 'took a hit for his kids'

•   A Florida father-of-four has died after heroically saving his children who were being electrocuted by a shopping center fountain

•   Nate Davenport, 45, from Jupiter jumped into the water at  Harbourside Place to rescue his children on Sunday afternoon

•   Davenport died in hospital, while three children remain under medical supervision

A Florida father-of-four has died after heroically saving his children who were being electrocuted by a shopping center fountain.

Nate Davenport, 45, from Jupiter was with his family at the Harbourside Place shopping and dining complex in Jupiter on Sunday afternoon, when at least two of the children began to play in the splash pad.

The retired US Navy fighter pilot and businessman soon heard his kids screaming as the electric currents zapped them in the water, WPBF reported. 

The devoted father reached into the water and pulled out his sons, aged 8 and 11, but was electrocuted himself.

The brothers and another child were left injured, as were Davenport and another adult.

Davenport did not regain consciousness and died at the Jupiter Medical Center before his wife Amy and children were able to say goodbye, WPBF reported.

More: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12672263/Florida-dad-four-Nate-Davenport-fatally-electrocuted-jumping-fountain-Harbourside-Center-save-two-children-zapped-electric-currents-Heartbroken-family-mourns-Navy-vet-took-hit-kids.html

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US WAR HERO DIED SAVING HIS SONS FROM HORRIFIC ACCIDENT, HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
 Daphne Moon October 26, 2023 0 1 min read

A father and retired US Navy fighter pilot tragically lost his life while trying to save his two sons from a malfunctioning water fountain at a Florida shopping complex. Nate Davenport, 45, was spending a leisurely Sunday with his family at Harbourside Place when the incident occurred. Despite the warning signs prohibiting swimming and climbing, Davenport’s children, aged eight and 11, entered the fountain and began screaming in pain as they were electrocuted.

Without hesitation, Davenport rushed to his sons’ aid, managing to rescue them from the dangerous fountain. However, in the process, he was fatally electrocuted. Despite being rushed to Jupiter Medical Center, he never regained consciousness and passed away from his injuries, as reported by WPBF.

Davenport’s mother, Mary Davenport, tearfully shared, “He took a hit for his kids. We had 45 years with him. God blessed us with him. He’s an amazing man.” As a former fighter pilot in the Iraq War, Davenport was no stranger to bravery and selflessness, traits that he displayed once again in this tragic event.

https://thepatriotchronicles.com/news-for-you/us-war-hero-died-saving-his-sons-from-horrific-accident-heres-what-happened/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Re: Father electrocuted while saving his children at Florida mall.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2023, 05:00:33 pm »
Many of us would do the same if it was our kids
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2023, 05:32:52 pm »
I was taught to use one's belt to pull a person free, but that wouldn't work if too much of the belt got wet.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2023, 06:08:25 pm »
Good on him. Did his job. R.I.P

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
R.I.P., Sir. :patriot:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis