Author Topic: College Students Offered Extra Credit To Attend Pro-Palestine Rally  (Read 441 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
College Students Offered Extra Credit To Attend Pro-Palestine Rally
Story by Matthew Impelli  •
18h

A graduate student at UC Berkeley faced backlash on Wednesday after offering students extra credit to attend a walkout against Israel amid ongoing fighting with Hamas.

Photos posted to social media this week showed an email that Victoria Huynh, a graduate student at UC Berkeley's Department of Ethnic Studies, sent to her students offering a "field trip and/or extra credit opportunity."

"(1) Students can attend the national student walkout tomorrow against the settler-colonial occupation of Gaza (info attached below) OR (2) Students can watch a short documentary on Palestine and call/email your local California representative using this linktree," the email said. "Doing so will count as a field trip or an extra 5 points on the field trip category of your grade."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/college-students-offered-extra-credit-to-attend-pro-palestine-rally/ar-AA1iQkUY?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=df9d9b8e240f441ea6373839df3b4ff2&ei=42
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson