Author Topic: Documents Obtained by Congressional Committee Show Massive Abuse of CBP One App  (Read 191 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Documents Obtained by Congressional Committee Show Massive Abuse of CBP One App
October 24, 2023

In a release on Monday, the House Homeland Security Committee detailed shocking information obtained from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), which revealed that 95.8 percent of all inadmissible aliens who used the CBP One app to schedule appointments from January 12, 2023 to September 30, 2023 were released into the interior of the United States.

According to the documents, out of 278,431 appointments scheduled via the CBP One app, 266,846 aliens were released into the United States in less than a year. Of those released, 19,828 nationals released were from hostile nations such as Russia, China, and Iran. Aliens with the highest release rates were from Venezuela, Honduras, Guatemala, Russia, and Afghanistan.

House Committee on Homeland Security
Source:  House Committee on Homeland Security

The new documents were obtained after the Committee sent repeated requests (dating back to early June) to DHS for more information regarding the expanded use of the CBP One app. The Committee was stonewalled multiple times by DHS, and only received a response after Chairman Green raised the possibility of subpoenaing Secretary Mayorkas on October 13. After viewing the data in DHS’ response, it is clear why the department was reluctant to comply.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/10/24/documents-obtained-congressional-committee-show-massive-abuse-cbp-one-app
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson