Author Topic: Ken Pax­ton Sues Biden Admin­is­tra­tion Over Destruc­tion of Texas Bor­der Barrier  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/news/releases/attorney-general-ken-paxton-sues-biden-administration-over-destruction-texas-border-barrier

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is suing the Biden Administration’s Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”), DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, and several other agencies and officials over the federal government’s practice of cutting and destroying Texas’s concertina wire that was strategically positioned for the purpose of securing the state’s border with Mexico and stemming the flow of illegal migration.

Federal agents have developed and implemented a practice of destroying Texas’s concertina wire to encourage, induce, and assist thousands of aliens to illegally cross the Rio Grande and enter Texas. Federal agents in some cases attempted to ease aliens’ ability to illegally climb up the riverbank into Texas by attaching ropes or cables to the back of pickup trucks. Federal agents regularly cut new openings in the wire fence, sometimes immediately after Texas officers have placed new wire to plug gaps in fencing barriers.

By cutting Texas’s concertina wire, the federal government has not only illegally destroyed property owned by the State of Texas; it has also disrupted the State’s border deterrence efforts, leaving gaps in Texas’s border barriers and damaging Texas’s ability to effectively deter illegal entry into Texas. 

With this lawsuit, Attorney General Paxton seeks to end this ongoing, unlawful practice which undermines Texas’s border security efforts. Texas is asking the court to enjoin the federal defendants from continuing to destroy and damage private property—without statutory authority and in violation of federal law. 

“Texas has the sovereign right to construct border barriers to prevent the entry of illegal aliens,” said Attorney General Ken Paxton. “Americans across the country were horrified to watch Biden’s open-border policy in action: agents were physically cutting wires and assisting the aliens’ entry into our state. This is illegal. It puts our country and our citizens at risk. The courts must put a stop to it, or Biden’s free-for-all will make this crushing immigration crisis even worse.”

To read the filing, click here.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas Sues Biden Administration For Cutting Wire Barriers Along U.S.-Mexico Border
Story by Britney Nguyen, Forbes Staff  •
12h

Key Facts
Paxton’s office is arguing U.S. border agents destroyed the wire “to encourage and assist thousands of” migrants “to illegally cross the Rio Grande” into Texas.

He also says in the lawsuit that border agents “attach ropes or cables from the back of pickup trucks” to make it easier for migrants to “climb up the riverbank into Texas.”

The lawsuit accuses the federal government of “illegally” destroying the state’s property, impeding Texas’s security efforts along the border, and “damaging Texas’ ability to effectively deter illegal entry into its territory.”

DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and Acting Commissioner for Customs and Border Protection Troy Miller are among those named in the suit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-sues-biden-administration-for-cutting-wire-barriers-along-u-s-mexico-border/ar-AA1iMB2a?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=8532897b60504b89937c8b44312a4611&ei=48
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mod2

Merged threads and moved topic to Texas category.

Online mountaineer

BREAKING: Federal judge issues emergency restraining order against Biden Administration that bars DHS and border patrol from “disassembling, degrading, tampering with” Texas wire barriers at the border

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1719027741981323317
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
BREAKING: Federal Judge Issues Emergency Restraining Order Against Biden Regime, Halting DHS and CBP from “Disassembling, Degrading, Tampering” with Texas Concertina Wire Barriers

By Jim Hᴏft
Oct. 30, 2023 12:20 pm

On Monday, a federal judge issued an emergency Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) against the Biden regime. The order effectively prohibits the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Customs and Border Protection (CBP) from “disassembling, degrading, or tampering” with concertina wire barriers along the Texas border.

As The Gateway Pundit previously reported, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has filed a lawsuit against the Biden regime’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS), DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, among other federal agencies and officials on Tuesday.

The lawsuit arises from a controversial federal practice—systematic destruction of Texas’s concertina wire deployed along the state’s border with Mexico to deter illegal migration.

“Today, I filed a lawsuit against the Biden Administration regarding their cutting razor wire at the border. Texas is and will continue to be America’s greatest backstop to the failures of the federal government,” Paxton wrote on X.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/breaking-federal-judge-issues-emergency-restraining-order-against-biden-regime-halt-414315/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXCLUSIVE: Biden Regime Deploys Heavy Machinery to LIFT Razor Wire for Massive Mob of Illegals at Rio Grande

Efraín González | Border Hawk
Border Hawk cameras captured the moment Border Patrol used heavy machinery to raise concertina wire erected by Texas authorities - just as a group of more than 300 illegal aliens 'coincidentally' arrived in the area and stormed the river bank at Eagle Pass, TX.

"This huge caravan of around 300 migrants crossed into Eagle Pass thanks to Border Patrol lifting the barbed wire. Hundreds of migrants crossed in a few minutes," Border Hawk correspondent Efraín González reports.

"Somehow, these large groups of migrants are informed about the place and time when the forklifts raise the barbed wire to cross in groups."

Following last month's historic invasion of Eagle Pass, Texas, the number of migrants arriving by train is climbing again in Piedras Negras, Mexico.

https://borderhawk.blog/exclusive-biden-regime-deploys-heavy-machinery-to-lift-razor-wire-for-massive-mob-of-illegals-at-rio-grande/
Thomas Jefferson

Online DefiantMassRINO

Put a boulder on the railroad tracks, or rip them up.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 05:25:11 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.