Author Topic: UAW Strike: 5K Auto Workers Shutter GM’s Biggest Plant as Automaker Abandons Electric Vehicle Strate  (Read 527 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
UAW Strike: 5K Auto Workers Shutter GM’s Biggest Plant as Automaker Abandons Electric Vehicle Strategy

John Binder 24 Oct 2023
About 5,000 American auto workers shut down General Motors’s (GM) biggest and most profitable plant in Arlington, Texas, joining more than 40,000 fellow United Auto Workers (UAW) members in their ongoing strike against the Big Three.

On Tuesday morning, the auto workers walked out at GM’s Arlington Assembly plant and joined the UAW picket line. The plant, which produces the Chevy Tahoe, Chevy Suburban, GMC Yukon, and Cadillac Escalade, is GM’s most profitable in the United States.

The UAW timed the walkout at Arlington Assembly just hours after GM reported $3.5 billion in third-quarter earnings. Executives said that GM has lost about $800 million since the strike started more than a month ago.

“Another record quarter, another record year. As we’ve said for months: record profits equal record contracts,” UAW President Shawn Fain said in a statement. “It’s time GM workers, and the whole working class, get their fair share.”

Today, there are nearly 46,000 auto workers on strike against GM, Ford, and Stellantis across 22 states, including eight assembly plants and 38 parts distribution centers.

The walkout at GM’s biggest plant comes after 6,800 auto workers shut down Stellantis’s most profitable plant in Sterling Heights, Michigan, this week and 8,700 auto workers shut down Ford’s most profitable plant in Louisville, Kentucky, earlier this month.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/10/24/uaw-strike-5k-auto-workers-shutter-gms-biggest-plant-as-automaker-abandons-electric-vehicle-strategy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

The entire country is struggling with this economy, not just the auto workers.  Raising their wages and renegotiating terms of contracts is only going to make prices skyrocket, pushing vehicles to become even more unaffordable. 

No worries, we will be entering a depression soon enough.  **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

The entire country is struggling with this economy, not just the auto workers.  Raising their wages and renegotiating terms of contracts is only going to make prices skyrocket, pushing vehicles to become even more unaffordable. 

No worries, we will be entering a depression soon enough.  **nononono*

And this is what pushes companies to set up shop in Mexico
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy