Author Topic: Sobbing Trump co-defendant Jenna Ellis flips on ex-prez, says she has ‘deep remorse’  (Read 563 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Sobbing Trump co-defendant Jenna Ellis flips on ex-prez, says she has ‘deep remorse’
By Steven Nelson   
Published Oct. 24, 2023, 10:24 a.m. ET

WASHINGTON — A third attorney who falsely claimed the 2020 election was stolen from former President Donald Trump by fraud flipped Tuesday and agreed to cooperate in the Georgia criminal case against the ex-commander-in-chief — saying she had “deep remorse” for her actions.

Jenna Ellis, 38, tearfully said she “failed” to do “due diligence” about fraud claims pushed by Trump, 77, in swing states including Georgia — where President Biden beat Trump by fewer than 12,000 votes. She joined former Trump attorneys Sidney Powell and Ken Chesebro in also pleading guilty.

“I relied on others, including lawyers with many more years of experience than I, to provide me with true and reliable information, especially since my role involved speaking to the media and to legislators in various states,” Ellis told Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee in court.

“What I did not do, but should have done your honor, was to make sure that the facts the other lawyers alleged to be true were in fact true. In the frenetic pace of attempting to raise challenges to the election in several states, including Georgia, I failed to do my due diligence.”

Jenna Ellis, 38, tearfully said she “failed” to do “due diligence” on claims that the election was stolen through fraud in swing states including Georgia, where Biden beat Trump by fewer than 12,000 votes.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/10/24/news/trump-codefendant-jenna-ellisa-flips-says-she-has-deep-remorse/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
And then there was 15...
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online mountaineer

Katrina Pierson
@KatrinaPierson
This is heartbreaking. So many people, left for dead on the battlefield, are now fighting for their freedom and to preserve their livelihoods while being wrongly vilified in the process.

She is completely right to accept a minimal plea and get on with her life.

Let me explain to you how this works:

All of the lawyers previously had asserted attorney-client privilege but there is an exception to that called “crime fraud” where if the lawyer is a party to the crime, there is no privilege. So even if the DA gets everyone a stupid charge, it forces privilege to be broken.

Jenna has for three years refused to testify, invoking privilege and protecting her client. So, the only way Fani forces her to testify is to indict her on an insane RICO charge and then offer a nothing plea that accomplishes her goal: compelling testimony.

Jenna agreed to testify truthfully in exchange for her freedom which most do in a heartbeat. It’s so easy to be a keyboard warrior and backbencher. No one knows anything except for those of who were physically involved and are totally speculating otherwise.

This case isn’t legal, it’s political.
10:22 AM · Oct 24, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Will Chamberlain
@willchamberlain
People who are criticizing Jenna Ellis for how she deployed her legal defense fund are missing the point completely. She used the funds to hire competent lawyers who negotiated a no-jail plea agreement when she was facing RICO charges with a 5-year mandatory minimum
12:55 PM · Oct 24, 2023

Will Chamberlain
@willchamberlain
Aim your anger at Fani Willis, who is using baseless RICO prosecutions as a cudgel to force defendants to take no-jail pleas
12:56 PM · Oct 24, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Zey haff vays to get you to confess....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis