Author Topic: Florida mom stopped from sharing book featuring nudity and sex acts at school board meeting  (Read 908 times)

Online Kamaji

Outraged Florida mom stopped from sharing book featuring nudity and sex acts at school board meeting

By Selim Algar
Published Oct. 23, 2023

A Florida police officer stopped a shaken mother from presenting an explicit image she found in a school library book during a board meeting.

Julie Gebhards of Tampa said she was stunned that a school review panel approved the graphic novel “Blankets” after a parental complaint — despite it being packed with nudity and detailed descriptions of sex acts.

After Gebhards advised audience members to leave the room if accompanied by children, she described the book’s content in detail.

“The book also contains crass talk like this: ‘Church camp is the best place to score p—y,’” she said. “Also: ‘Did you feel up her t—ies?’ It has images of masturbation, naked boys peeing on each other and sexual assault of a child. … I imagine we’re all uncomfortable now.”

At one point, Gebhards held up an oversize image from the book depicting two young people in bed with a female’s breasts exposed.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/10/23/news/florida-mom-flags-explicit-book-at-school-board-meeting/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If she can't show it in a meeting room full of adults, it has no place in a school.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Kamaji

If she can't show it in a meeting room full of adults, it has no place in a school.

Exactly!!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

School boards are full of perverts now days it seems. Leftist pedophiles and enablers.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
School boards are full of perverts now days it seems. Leftist pedophiles and enablers.
Vote the bastards out! Recall them if necessary.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis