Author Topic: WWII Marine and hero laid to rest at Punchbowl 80 years after his death  (Read 191 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WWII Marine and hero laid to rest at Punchbowl 80 years after his death

OCTOBER 18, 2023 KEVIN KNODELL - THE HONOLULU STAR ADVERTISER
Nearly 80 years after Marine Sgt. Arthur Ervin died fighting on Saipan, he was laid to rest Monday in a ceremony at the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific at Punchbowl.

Nearly 80 years after Marine Sgt. Arthur Ervin died fighting on Saipan, he was laid to rest Monday in a ceremony at the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific at Punchbowl.

Ervin, a Navy cross recipient, died alongside his platoon leader Lt. Philip Wood on July 5, 1944, during an ambush as they were trying to aid local Chamorro civilians caught in the crossfire of the battle. The two men were buried side by side along with others from the unit killed in the ambush in a field burial ground on the island.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/10/wwii-marine-and-hero-laid-to-rest-at-punchbowl-80-years-after-his-death/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson