Author Topic: AOC accuses Israel of war crimes: Hamas committed 'horrific' attacks, 'however...'  (Read 510 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
AOC accuses Israel of war crimes: Hamas committed 'horrific' attacks, 'however...'
The New York Democrat has called for a ceasefire in Israel
By Lindsay Kornick Fox News
Published October 23, 2023 8:10am EDT

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. insisted that she was not defending Hamas as she accused Israel of committing war crimes on Sunday.

Ocasio-Cortez appeared on MSNBC’s "The Mehdi Hasan Show" to defend her position of calling for a ceasefire following Hamas’ attack against Israel on Oct. 7. When asked whether Israel had a right to defend itself, she argued that "war crimes" are not the appropriate response.

She began, "I think one of the things that’s important to recognize about this situation is the asymmetry of what is going on as well as the collective punishment of what is happening to the Palestinian people at this moment. Hamas has absolutely engaged in horrific attacks. Every single day there are more details that are released about what occurred on October 7th that shocks the human consciousness and shocks our conscience, our collective conscience."

"However we do know as well that war crimes do not constitute and are not an appropriate response for other war crimes," Ocasio-Cortez explained.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/aoc-accuses-israel-war-crimes-hamas-committed-horrific-attacks-however
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

What "war crimes" are those, AOC?  Specifics, please.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
As of today, what Israel has done to the Palis is a little thimble full compared to what was done to them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Earlier generations would have firebombed Gaza into a modern day Dresden.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline The_Reader_David

Actually, when Israel bombs a Hamas military target and the civilians who are inevitably near it die because of Hamas's cynical deployment of its military assets cheek-and-jowl with Gaza's schools, hospitals, playggrounds, apartment buildings and the like, the war crime was committed by Hamas -- it's a war crime to colocate offensive military assets, command centers and the like with civilians and civilian infrastructure.  It's not a war crime to attack enemy military assets.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online berdie

Actually, when Israel bombs a Hamas military target and the civilians who are inevitably near it die because of Hamas's cynical deployment of its military assets cheek-and-jowl with Gaza's schools, hospitals, playggrounds, apartment buildings and the like, the war crime was committed by Hamas -- it's a war crime to colocate offensive military assets, command centers and the like with civilians and civilian infrastructure.  It's not a war crime to attack enemy military assets.

Very, very well said.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Precisely.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
AOC is easily understood,  Israel defending itself from another Nazi/radical muslim attempt at complete slaughter much like last Century is to be forgotten, only the Jews trying to survive is an act of humanity-crime.  Many democrats quickly jumped on born that train, and were glad to support such inhumanity to man, based on much the same excuses the Nazis used and last centuries excuses justifications.
The Nazis-radical muslims butchers are HERE!  SEE hOW MANY FELL TO IT LIKE THE GERMAN PEOPLE DID LAST CENTURY!  They infiltrated our government!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions