Author Topic: McCarthy backing Emmer, but isn’t closing the door on taking back the gavel  (Read 210 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 McCarthy backing Emmer, but isn’t closing the door on taking back the gavel

“I’m supporting Tom Emmer, but I’m going to tell you: I’m still a member of Congress, and I’m going to lead in any capacity to protect America,” the former speaker said.

By Kelly Garrity

10/22/2023 12:00 PM EDT

Former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy is backing Majority Whip Tom Emmer to be the next speaker of the House — but after more than two weeks and two candidates failing to garner enough support to earn the gavel, he’s not closing the door on a bid to get his old job back.

“I don’t need the title. I’m going to help in any way I can,” he told NBC’s Kristen Welker during an interview Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

When pressed on as to whether that meant he was ruling out throwing his hat in the ring again for the position, the California Republican dodged.

“I’m supporting Tom Emmer, but I’m going to tell you: I’m still a member of Congress, and I’m going to lead in any capacity to protect America. I’m going to work to secure our border. I’m going to work to stop the inflation. I’m going to make sure war does not break out in Israel, and that Israel has every resource they need to defend themselves. But most importantly, I’m going to press this administration,” McCarthy said.

more
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/22/mccarthy-emmer-speaker-gavel-00122913
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34