Author Topic: Oregon Drops Essential Skills Requirements to Graduate High School, Citing Harm to 'Marginalized Stu  (Read 774 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Oregon Drops Essential Skills Requirements to Graduate High School, Citing Harm to 'Marginalized Students'

Story by Rachel M. Emmanuel  •
20h

Business owners, beware of students with high school diplomas from Oregon.

They may not be able to read or do basic math.

According to Oregon Public Broadcasting, in 2020, the Oregon Department of Education suspended the "essential skills" requirement to accommodate students who had fallen behind because of school shutdowns and online learning -- or so they said.

Oregon schools suspended testing requirements for high school students to graduate. This ceasing of testing students will only hurt them, passing them through the system even if they have not acquired the knowledge to succeed in life in general. Read more and support in our bio! 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/oregon-drops-essential-skills-requirements-to-graduate-high-school-citing-harm-to-marginalized-students/ar-AA1iEIOd?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=313313276b7b45dea014238c6279f62e&ei=22
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Mr. A. Lincoln once noted it is sometimes necessary and proper to cut off a leg to save the body but it was never necessary and proper to cut off the body to save a leg.  Oregon has just cut off the body.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

Offline dfwgator

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Oregon is just joining much of the nation in its concerted efforts to NOT educate our children.  No expectations = no results.

We keep perfecting our approach to have a complete nation dumb as a box of rocks, or as dumb as the dumbest demographic. 

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What they are saying,without coming right out and saying  it,is that "Blacks are too stupid to learn at the same level as whites,and even if they were,our teachers are too stupid  to teach them."

I honestly can't understand why black parents aren't outraged over  this. After all,WHO  wants to see their children fail in life and become parasites dependent on the government  for food,housing,clothing,etc,etc,etc?

Sure,the DNC  wants to see that happen because they want the dependent voters to vote for them and their  "free" programs,but  how  many blacks,NOT counting  "tame tokens" who will do and say whatever their masters in government  tell them to do and say, are in leadership positions in the DNC?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online andy58-in-nh

There is no surer way to "marginalize" people than to deny them an adequate education.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
There is no surer way to "marginalize" people than to deny them an adequate education.

This was the natural ending to the "Participation trophy" experiment.    There are no winners....just losers.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Why do we even bother with all this hyper-self-conscious pandering?

Oregon is overwhelmingly white and not Latino.

Looks like the next biggest ethnic demo is Mixed Race. Then “Other” not named! Finally in 4th there seems to be yellow (“Asian” to PC world).  At a small %.

So blacks and Indians don’t even register as significant.

Why do we keep playing this game, ruining it for everyone because of self-conscious condescension to tiny groups?
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.