Author Topic: Army has a draft plan to fix its barracks by 2030, but will it happen?  (Read 195 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army has a draft plan to fix its barracks by 2030, but will it happen?
By Davis Winkie
 Thursday, Oct 5

The Army knows it has a barracks problem. Now the service has a plan to fix it. But it will take additional funding — $4 billion more, to be specific.

That’s what Paul Farnan, the service’s principal deputy assistant secretary for installations, energy and environment, said in a Thursday interview in the wake of a watchdog report that detailed the dire condition of military barracks conditions. Of the service’s barracks buildings used by permanently stationed junior enlisted soldiers, just over 300 facilities (or one-in-five) are rated as poor or failing.

According to Farnan and internal documents shared with Army Times, the Army has a plan that it believes will fix or replace nearly all of those buildings by fiscal year 2030 — if the money’s there. That funding will depend on whether Army leaders decide the issue is more pressing than other competing requirements and whether Congress agrees.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2023/10/05/army-has-a-draft-plan-to-fix-its-barracks-by-2030-but-will-it-happen/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson