Author Topic: CNBC: Biden Missed Chance to Refill SPR at Lower Rates After Draining It for Political Reasons  (Read 390 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNBC: Biden Missed Chance to Refill SPR at Lower Rates After Draining It for Political Reasons

Ian Hanchett 21 Oct 2023

On Friday’s broadcast of CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” co-hosts Becky Quick and Joe Kernen reacted to news that the Biden administration wants to try to refill the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) at a price of $79 a barrel or less by noting that there was a time when the SPR could have been refilled at a lower price, but we didn’t and the reserve is low because it was drained “to help stem an inconvenient price rise for an administration.”

Kernen said, “[T]he Department of Energy says it wants to buy six million barrels of oil for the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. It’s hoping to get a price of $79 or less. The department is working to refill the Petroleum Reserve after President Biden ordered a historic release to try to stem high gas prices. Buy low, sell high. I’m not sure that’s what we’re doing here. There was a time.”

Quick responded, “Very briefly, yeah, where we could have filled it at lower rates.”

Kernen then said, “t does get a little scary with — no one was expecting the Middle East to totally be a different place than what we saw or what we thought it was six months ago.”

Quick stated, “No. And if you looked at oil prices three weeks ago, we were talking about how energy prices had come down 10% in ten days, WTI. And that was something we were watching really closely. It was on concerns that there wasn’t going to be as much demand around the globe with a potential recession. … So, it turned very quickly.”

Kernen then asked, “If there was a real situation, how much do — we don’t have that much for the emergency — what it was designed for.”

Quick then cut in to say, “Yeah, but we also produce far more energy today.”

Kernen responded, “Right. But it was not designed to help stem an inconvenient price rise for an administration.” Quick responded, “No.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/10/21/cnbc-biden-missed-chance-to-refill-spr-at-lower-rates-after-draining-it-for-political-reasons/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Hopefully Brandon's supporters are taking notes.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Good thing I still have my “If you voted for Biden, you owe me gas money” T-shirt.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline LMAO

This administration is a wrecking ball
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I don't think Biden missed jack, I think his handlers had no intention of refilling SPR because keeping it unfilled weakens America.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
AS I INDICATED EARLY ON WHEN JOINING HERE.  The democrats want America as defenseless and desolate as possible before they fire up WWIII, and clueless fools, as usual won't see it coming.  For the last2-3 years democrats have been having farmers destroy a lot of our crops, as mentioned here.before.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions