Author Topic: NYT Reenlists Anti-Semitic Freelancer for Gaza Coverage  (Read 471 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYT Reenlists Anti-Semitic Freelancer for Gaza Coverage
« on: October 21, 2023, 05:35:51 pm »
NYT Reenlists Anti-Semitic Freelancer for Gaza Coverage
Soliman Hijjy (X/@SolimanHijjy)
Charles Hilu
October 20, 2023
The New York Times has reenlisted a freelancer, who was exposed last year for sharing anti-Semitic posts, to cover the war between Israel and Hamas.

The paper said it took "appropriate action" in 2022 when a watchdog revealed that Soliman Hijjy, a Gaza-based freelance videographer for the Times, had a history of making posts praising Adolf Hitler and attacks by Hamas against Israel.

"How great you are Hitler," reads a 2012 Facebook post from Hijjy. He also posted a photo of himself in 2018, describing himself as "in a state of harmony as Hitler was during the Holocaust." In 2020, months before the Times hired him to work on coverage of 2021 skirmishes between Israel and Hamas, Hijjy re-shared the 2018 post, according to HonestReporting, which revealed the posts.

In addition to his praise of Hitler, Hijjy in 2018 posted a picture of rockets headed toward the Israeli city of Ashkelon, referring to the barrage as "rockets of the resistance."

https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/nyt-re-enlists-anti-semitic-freelancer-for-gaza-coverage/
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 05:37:35 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: NYT Reenlists Anti-Semitic Freelancer for Gaza Coverage
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023, 08:48:03 pm »
"All the jihad that's fit to print..."

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 08:54:34 pm »
How else will they get the "prospective" they're looking for if they don't hire a Nazi Jihadist?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023, 09:35:10 pm »
I expect nothing less from a publication that once employed the likes of Walter Duranty
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2023, 11:57:50 pm »
I think many people are quite unaware of the Nazi ties to Islamic figures. The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem met with Hitler in Berlin during WWII hoping for German help against Jewish inhabitants of the land many people called Palestine.
Hitler didn't promise support for a Muslim homeland minus the Jews because he didn't feel the time was right.
But the Jihadis clearly sympathized with the Nazis. They still do.