Author Topic: USS Carney Shot Down More Missiles, Drones Over Longer Period  (Read 308 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
USS Carney Shot Down More Missiles, Drones Over Longer Period
« on: October 21, 2023, 04:39:45 pm »
USS Carney Shot Down More Missiles, Drones Over Longer Period
USS Carney swatted many more hostile targets launched from Yemen out of the sky over the Red Sea than originally understood.

BY
HOWARD ALTMAN
|
PUBLISHED OCT 20, 2023 7:38 PM EDT

The engagement of Houthi cruise missiles and drones by the Arleigh-Burke class destroyer USS Carney on Thursday in the Red Sea took place for far longer than initially reported, with more targets destroyed than first indicated. You can read our initial reporting on the incident here.

The Carney shot down four land attack cruise missiles and 19 drones, a U.S. official told The War Zone Friday. The engagements took place over a nine-hour period, CNN reported Friday.

As we reported Thursday, the Pentagon’s top spokesman said that the Carney shot down three cruise missiles and “several” drones. However, as Air Force Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder took to the podium yesterday, he also mentioned that the aerial targets intercepted by the Carney could have still been ongoing.

USS Carney underway. (U.S. Navy photo by Journalist Seaman Apprentice Charles A. Ordoqui
Those weapons were launched from Yemen, heading north along the Red Sea, potentially towards targets in Israel, Ryder said.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/uss-carney-shot-down-more-missiles-drones-over-longer-period
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson