Author Topic: Georgia man Leonard Allan Cure fatally shot after attacking officer during traffic stop  (Read 268 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AMERICAN NEWS Oct 19, 2023
Georgia man Leonard Allan Cure fatally shot after attacking officer during traffic stop
Cure had one hand behind the law enforcement officer's back, and the other over his mouth and chin

ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia man Leonard Allan Cure fatally shot after attacking officer during traffic stop

The Post Millennial
Oct 19, 2023

On Monday, a 53-year-old Georgia man was shot dead by police during a traffic stop on Interstate 95 just north of Jacksonville, Florida after attacking a police officer.

Leonard Allan Cure was pulled over after being caught going over 100mph in his truck, according to the Daily Mail. After refusing to follow orders, he attacked a sheriff's deputy, who proceeded to fatally shoot Cure.

Bodycam and vehicle footage of the incident released on Thursday showed that upon being pulled over, Cure was asked by the officer to exit the vehicle, which he did after initially replying, "I ain't doin' sh*t."

Cure was instructed to put both his hands on the back of the truck, but argued with the officer about his speed and raised one into the air, at which point he was tased.

https://thepostmillennial.com/georgia-man-fatally-shot-after-attacking-officer-during-traffic-stop?utm_campaign=64487
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson