Author Topic: Border Deaths Highlight Inhumanity of Biden's ‘Progressive’ Migrant Release Policies  (Read 178 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Deaths Highlight Inhumanity of Biden's ‘Progressive’ Migrant Release Policies
El Paso sector fatalities double in one year

By Andrew R. Arthur on October 19, 2023

As I noted in September, the U.N. has declared the Southwest border the “world’s deadliest migrant route” — a dubious distinction to be sure, but one America’s most popular illegal entry pathway is likely to hold for at least another year, as reports indicate that there were 148 fatalities in the Border Patrol’s El Paso sector in FY 2023 — blowing away prior years’ totals. “Advocates and academics” blame fences and checkpoints, but the real fault rests squarely on the president — and his “progressive” migrant release policies. Perhaps some focus on those deaths will be a wake-up call for the White House.

El Paso Sector. Agents in the Border Patrol’s El Paso sector — like most on the Southwest border — have a big job, with jurisdiction over 125,500 square miles, including two Texas counties (Hudspeth and El Paso) and all of New Mexico, but most importantly, 268 miles of the U.S.-Mexico line.

At the end of FY 2020 — the last time CBP released staffing statistics — the sector was patrolled by 2,256 agents.

That may seem like a lot, but when you consider all of the time agents spend rounding up, transporting, processing, caring for, and — as explained below, usually releasing — illegal entrants, they could use a whole lot more.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Border-Deaths-Highlight-Inhumanity-Bidens-Progressive-Migrant-Release-Policies
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson