Author Topic: MacIntyre: Whoops! A moderate notices replacement migration  (Read 198 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MacIntyre: Whoops! A moderate notices replacement migration
« on: October 20, 2023, 03:22:10 pm »
MacIntyre: Whoops! A moderate notices replacement migration

AURON MACINTYREOctober 18, 2023
Paula Bronstein / Staff, PAUL RATJE / Contributor | Getty Images

While the events unfolding in the conflict between Hamas and Israel are horrific, they have provided some critical moments of startling clarity as many liberals say the quiet parts out loud. Dan Carlin, the host of the popular “Hardcore History” podcast, is a self-described libertarian who came down with a nasty case of Trump derangement syndrome after the election of the 45th president. He now dutifully parrots mainstream media talking points about the ominous brand of authoritarianism that the former reality television host represents.

Ironically, Carlin recently took to X (formerly Twitter) to highlight the dangers of replacement-level immigration while outlining the rationale for Israel’s approach to border security, explaining that the Jewish population would be subject to “conquest via democracy” if they changed their current policy. The historian is correct about this political reality but would be aghast if the same plain truth issued from the mouth of a MAGA supporter.

Many moderate liberals have been surprised to see a flood of criticism aimed at Israel by leftists in the week after the initial Hamas attacks. Progressives have labeled the nation as a colonial power and apartheid state bent on oppressing beleaguered minorities. The more radical elements of the left have taken narratives that they regularly level at Western nations and enthusiastically applied them to the conflict in the Middle East. This puts moderates like Carlin in the awkward position of attempting to validate progressive concerns while still making an argument for Israel’s right to protect its own existence.

https://www.theblaze.com/columns/opinion/macintyre-whoops-a-moderate-notices-replacement-migration
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson