Author Topic: Cleveland man, 43, is arrested for jamming metal into tracks and rail switches on Ohio line for mont  (Read 848 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cleveland man, 43, is arrested for jamming metal into tracks and rail switches on Ohio line for months after a near-catastrophic derailment as part of a TERROR plot

Joseph Findley, 43, was arrested by the FBI for allegedly trying to cause trains to derail by jamming metal into tracks and rail lines
    Police believe the way materials were placed matched methods taught by international terrorist groups 
    Mother Mary Findley says her son is not a terrorist and it is all 'exaggerated'

By Ishita Srivastava For Dailymail.Com

Published: 13:23 EDT, 19 October 2023 | Updated: 13:57 EDT, 19 October 2023

A Cleveland man has been arrested by police for allegedly trying to cause trains in the city to derail by jamming metal into tracks and rail lines.

Joseph Findley, 43, has been arrested by the FBI on federal terrorist charges following a string of alleged attacks against railroad carriers on October 6.

He is accused of placing railroad spikes onto the path of oncoming trains and wedging pieces of metal into a rail switch.

During a test run for a CSX employee appreciation day, one train hit an obstruction on the track and temporarily derailed before the wheels dropped back into place.

Joseph Findley, 43, has been arrested by the FBI on federal charges of terrorist attacks and other attacks against railroad carriers on October 6

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12650051/Cleveland-man-jamming-rail-switches-terror.html

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Ugggg , the enablier mother that let him stay his whole life at home.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline mountaineer

What variety of terrorist is he, I wonder? Any particular beliefs, or just an idiot?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What variety of terrorist is he, I wonder? Any particular beliefs, or just an idiot?
The key is "TERRORIST", it is a TERRORIST that acts as he did, not some poor misunderstood 43 year old 'child' as mommy says.

Offline mountaineer

Yeah, he was just upset because his girlfriend broke up with him. Well, maybe he should have gotten a job, moved out of mom's basement, stopped trying to derail trains ... she might have been a little more impressed with his prospects.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
MY vote is for "Life without parole".

People THAT insane/delusional never really get better.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Mommy says, 'They’re nuts, he’s not a terrorist. I think they all exaggerated it because he never did anything bad.'

There's your problem right there. Any time you hear the tired old refrain, "He never done nuffin wrong, his whole life."
That tells you that the guy has never faced consequences. The guy has never been punished for bad behavior.
BTW, on a side note, that is a whole lot of bald and a lot of gray for early 40s. At least from my experience it is.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Ugggg , the enablier mother that let him stay his whole life at home.

Hey, It worked for Fetterman, and he's an actual train wreck.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 09:17:03 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

The news media silence about the guy beyond what has been known for a week or 3 is odd. What we "know" about the guy:

* We know the guy's name, and his mugshot is public; he's a middle-aged white guy;

* He lives with his parents; whether he always has or does because of financial reasons has not been said, though there is a possible hint toward that latter;

* According to his mother, he more or less recently broke up with his GF and lost his job (the latter would make paying rent difficult, obviously);

* According to his mother, he is depressed by these turns of events.

What we can deduce from how he went about his crime:

* He knew enough of railroad operations to know what to sabotage or had researched railroad sabotage;

* He invested time searching out scrap materials suitable to the purpose of causing derailments;

* He invested the time sufficient to locate places along the track where he could place his improvised sabotage;

* He is mentally capable of planning and carrying out all this.

The big question is "Why?" Most men have lost jobs and GFs, and both can really hurt. The same is true of women and losses of jobs and BFs. But the gulf between such life events and planning and carrying out sabotage that could kill people and cause millions of $$ in damage is rather huge.

Knowing the MSM's hatreds and prejudices, my speculations are that they want the guy to be a hate-breathing racist Pro-Life MAGA-Fundie (that's an obvious given), have fine-tooth-comb-searched the dude's life back to kindergarten, and have come up empty. So, silence beyond what has been known for a week and more. Evidence could prove my speculation wrong, and if that happens I won't complain, but sometimes silence has meaning.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 01:12:34 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
"He Not A Terrorist": FBI Arrests Man Living In Parents' Basement For Train Derailment
Tyler Durden's Photo
BY TYLER DURDEN
FRIDAY, OCT 20, 2023 - 07:40 PM

Local media Fox 8 reports that a Cleveland man, who lives with his parents, was arrested last week on federal terrorism charges for sabotaging railroad tracks.

According to a complaint filed in federal court, FBI agents say 43-year-old Joseph Findley jammed metal objects into the tracks near Cleveland's St. Clair-Superior neighborhood. Agents say Findley's action led to a CSX derailment in August:

The federal investigation began in August, when CSX employees reported that their train struck objects that had been wedged into a switch on the tracks near East 55th Street and Dominion Energy. The obstruction caused some of the wheels on the train to derail, but eventually they fell back into place on the tracks. -Fox 8

After the derailment in August, FBI agents began their investigation:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/he-not-terrorist-fbi-arrests-man-living-parents-basement-train-derailment
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Having worked on the RR summers in undergrad school, I felt from the start a lot of the derailments were sabotage.  With this guy, I'm not so convinced sabotage was his purpose.  Kids are always putting junk on the rails to watch the engines smash them.  I'm wondering if the guy even has the mental capacity to think of such a thing as he lives with his parents at his age.  I'm still convinced many of the derailments were sabotage based on the fact the derailments happened right where the tank cars were located.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
When you intentionally sabotage railroad tracks(this isn't some ignorant kid pulling a stupid prank, that was us putting pennies on the track to flatten them) with the potential to cause a derailment with the potential of not just economic impact but death and environmental disaster your are committing a terrorist act, ergo you are a terrorist.

Offline MOD8

Merged threads.