Author Topic: State lawmakers considering stiffer penalties against smuggling, illegal entry into Texas texas  (Read 191 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
State lawmakers considering stiffer penalties against smuggling, illegal entry into Texas
texas
BY JACK FINK

OCTOBER 16, 2023 / 5:34 PM / CBS TEXAS

AUSTIN (CBSNewsTexas.com) — Texas lawmakers are considering cracking down further on illegal immigration.

On Monday, the House State Affairs Committee held hearings on two bills passed in the Texas Senate last week: SB 4 and SB 11.

During the hearing, Republicans supported the bills and said they will deter illegal immigration, while Democratic lawmakers and other opponents said they don't believe they will help at all.

During a news conference before the hearing, Representative Ana Hernandez said, "As a child, I was undocumented for about eight years so when I see this legislation, I think about my history. We are not for stash houses, but we are not for criminalizing our families either."

https://www.cbsnews.com/texas/news/state-lawmakers-considering-stiffer-penalties-against-smuggling-illegal-entry-into-texas/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Don't mess with Texas.  Keep sending those buses up North.  Support for Open Borders is losing the war of attrition / inundation.

Keep flooding Blue States with more migrants.  More local and state Dem politicians are demanding the Feds to do something.  The "right to shelter" states are filling up.

Worse, yet, in Mass, the overwhelming majority of immigrants are being sheltered in a few large cities and towns that provide Dem votes to counter the suburban Republican votes.

Dems are losing support among large population centers of Dem votes.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.